• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord chart pdf » jazz piano HELP!!!!!?

jazz piano HELP!!!!!?

Q. I've been playing classical piano forever(I'm almost 15)!! I've done bits and pieces of different genres of music. But no jazz. I've grown up around lots of jazz and always admired jazz piano improv. So i started a jazz camp this week and they basically hand me music with tons of chords I don't recognize quickly and at least 4 flats per song. They expect me to sight-read which I am good at. But this is so much harder. I'm in a small ensemble where I am the only pianist and they want me to do random solos I can't keep up with. It's a complete mess... What should help?? How to improv or try to???

A. just do your best. Jazz _does_ require advanced skills that you won't pick up overnight, so don't expect too much of yourself; that'll just make this painful instead of fun.

This free booklet from Jamey Aebersold has a bunch of piano voicings around p 49... since you read well that should help you at least decipher the chord charts.

http://www.jazzbooks.com/mm5/download/FQBK-handbook.pdf

There's a lot of other great info as well, including tips on improvising, as well as the Charlie Parker story that everybody knows: how he got laughed off the bandstand when he was about 16 or 17. He later became one of the most influential jazz players of all time, for not just sax but everybody... there isn't a jazz player alive who hasn't studied Bird.

Original Question

What are the chords on ukulele for the song You're Beautiful by Phil Wickham?
Q. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNx7ZIoS-qI&feature=share&list=UU5PPQpquumGmlNP3bT01FZQI can't figure out what the chords are! HELP PLEASE!

A. Chords for "You're Beautiful - Phil Wickham":
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/p/phil_wickham/youre_beautiful_crd.htm

Chord symbols have nothing to do only with ukulele, they are also good for piano or guitar.

"Student Ukulele Chord Charts":
http://www.ukalady.com/Images/UkeChart.pdf

Cheers ebs

Original Question

Are there any websites with a extensive listing of chords; (guitar and/or piano) in different chord progressio?
Q. Are there any websites with a extensive listing of chords; (guitar and/or piano) in different chord progressions that show the chords diagrams?
Ideally looking for pages and pages of COMPATIBLE chords (guitar and/ or piano) listed in synchronized harmony ?

A. Hello there,

Here is a link to a chord progression generator. Just select a key and the progression you want. It shows you the chords in that progression.
http://www.hotfrets.com/songanator.asp

If you do not know the fingerings for any of the chords, you can check this guitar chord chart.

http://www.humboldtmusic.com/resources/guitarchords.pdf

Later,
Norm

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : jazz piano HELP!!!!!?
Description : Q. I've been playing classical piano forever(I'm almost 15)!! I've done bits and pieces of different genres of music. But no ja...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger