• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord eb » How to practice piano chords?

How to practice piano chords?

Q. Piano

A. (assuming you are very new)

well major and minor chords are really simple and piano is really simple
play a major C you play C,E, and G, from C count to the keys to E it is 4 half steps, then 3 half to G this is the same for every major chord, you have the root(C) then 4h/s(E) then 3h/s(G), minor chords are the same but you have the root(C) then 3h/s(Eb) then 4h/s(G) now you know how to construct every major minor chord just by counting half steps, then you just have to practise until you memorize each, I suggest you play start by just by learning these basics and understand that no mater what the chord your thumb and pinky are alway static you do not move them when switching chords you'll find that almost every chord has these finger the same distance apart, except Bm/B and Bbm/Bb this is the odd chord where you'll have to think about possitioning your pinky if you play a B and count 7 half steps you'll find that you're pinky is on a black key and your thumb on a white while with all other major/minor chords its white white or black black

Original Question

How do you play piano chords??!!?
Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure out piano chords! My understanding is you play 3 notes at once - but its still confusing when looking at people play them on YouTube. Some music have just symbols like E, Dm, etc and lyrics??

Also, I'm trying to play this keyboard version of Hillsong's "This Is Our God" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1jZ1Ux9XOU). The chords listing is:

Intro-verse: E - G#m - C#m - A
Chorus:B - E/G# - A - F#mB/D# - E/G# - A
Instrumental - bridge:E - B - F#m - C#m - A - E (also in video description)

But I can't seem to get around what the left and right hand plays. Plus the video is too fast and unclear to work out the notes :(

Please could someone help me work out what notes to play/how to play them?
Basically, the user gave a list of chord names and I don't know what the left and right hand plays - also on some he doesn't hold 3 down, but alternates between a few!

Thanks

A. To play a piano chord, you need to find out which scale the chord belongs to. For example C chord would belong to the C major scale and Cmin chord would belong to the c minor scale. Lets use C chord as an example. We start off by playing the C note on the keyboard. Then, we miss a white not, but play the next one. We end up having one white note in between the notes we are playing. You should end up playing an E on a C major chord. Then we miss the next note after E, but play the one after that, G. That is a C or C major chord. However, when it comes to other chords we need to take in the key signature of the scale. C minor has an Eb in the key signature, so instead of playing C E G we play C Eb G. I know that probably made no sense so check out this very helpful website. http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/
I think you would benefit from piano lessons. A tutor can help you play the song and work out the chords. Hope I helped with my long-winded explanation!

Original Question

Ab/Bb piano chord!!!?
Q. I have no idea what to play when I see this chord. Do I just pick one to play? If you could tell me what notes this chords consists of I would be very appreciative :)

A. You play Ab major in the right hand (Ab, C, Eb) and Bb in the left hand. The Bb is the bass (root) note, so if you are on piano, play the Bb low on the keyboard, and the Ab around the middle C area.

Anytime that you have a chord like this (where the right hand is a full step higher than the root,) it plays as a sus chord. In other words it could be written as Bb sus.

Look at all the notes from bottom to top: Bb, Ab, C, Eb.
These are essentially: The root note, the dominant 7th, the 2nd, the 4th.

The 3rd is missing. The third defines if a chord is a major, minor (or diminished.) So this Bb sus could resolve to a major chord or minor quite nicely.

Here are some other examples to try out. Try resolving them to their major or minor form for practice:

Ab/Bb - Bbmaj
C/D - Dmaj
G/F - Fmaj
A/B - Bmaj

Or minor chord examples:

F/G - Gm
E/F# - F#m
Gb/Ab - Abm

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to practice piano chords?
Description : Q. Piano A. (assuming you are very new) well major and minor chords are really simple and piano is really simple play a major C you play C...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger