• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord kiss the rain » What is my piano level?

What is my piano level?

Q. I am 8 years into self-teaching myself the piano. I'm curious, what piano level would I be considered?

FYI A few pieces I can play well include:
One Summer's Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ni1sVCgEk
Wedding Dress http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7M9UAPHmIM
Chopin's Nocturne http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxS_bJ0yOU
Maple Leaf Rag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B04--XmZiE
Yiruma's Kiss the Rain and River Flows in You
Moonlight Sonata http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6txOvK-mAk
By piano level I mean piano grade, not literally the level. Sorry if I was unclear
No they are not videos of me playing, they're videos of the pieces I can play
uh no that's not me playing maple leaf rag...

A. For having been "self-taught" for 8 years you do pretty well. I have some questions regarding your other skills and abilities at the piano (after 8 years.)
IS THAT YOU playing the Maple Leaf Rag? Sometimes just "zipping-through" the piece is really not the issue, demonstrating "technique" strictly for technique's sake. A "rag" is a type of piece developed in the early 1900's music, championed by Scott Joplin, characterized as having syncopated, off-the-beat-accents-in-unusual places, therefore its true name "Rag-ged-Time" music. Intended to be played MUCH slower, rag-time music then takes on a whole different shape and style.
Seeing no other videos with YOU playing, it would be difficult to render an accurate assessment without knowing, do you also: read music? play from memory all major and minor scales hands together 2 octaves? play from memory all major and minor chords, inversions, and "color" chords?
These are the types of skills most "accomplished" pianists (and musicians on other instruments/voice,) have developed. While you seem to have a good grasp on memorization, I would suggest contacting a reputable teacher and seeking their opinion. While there's a wealth of written information out there about performing, studying seriously with a competent teacher can really put you "so much farther down that road, faster." Surely, on a scale of 1-8 you are a grade 2++ but hearing only one piece, (if that's you on MLR,) it's difficult to be fair. Keep working. Seek a competent teacher. Good Luck! (Next time, let's see some video OF YOU!)

2/23 UPDATE: OK, so if that's not you playing MLR or in any of the other vid's it is impossible
to tell what "level" you're at without knowing your skills/abilities/technique at tempo,
accuracy, interpretation, reading, and style. Please post some examples of yourself!
My other thoughts about performance, study, and style remain.... Keep working! Good Luck!

Original Question

where can I download free piano sheet music for "Kiss the Rain" by Yiruma?
Q. I love that song and I am willing to learn piano(I only know the basic chords and notes/reading) to play it. Where can I download or copy and paste the piano music for free? If you haven't heard it, look it up on youtube. It's beautiful.



where can I download free piano sheet music for "Kiss the Rain" by Yiruma???

A. you can find it for free at http://www.modernpianomusic.com enjoy!

Original Question

Cool songs to play on piano?
Q. So I teach myself piano and I know how to play all the little kid songs like mary had a little lamb and stuff. I can also play set fire to the rain by Adele and kiss the rain by yiruma so I was wondering if anyone knew any songs to play on the piano that are about the same difficulty level as those songs? Please no lame nursery rhymes and I would prefer songs that are easily recognizable when you play them? I would rather have like pop or rock or something other then classical if possible?

A. "Someone Like You" and "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele are both pretty easy and basic, especially "Someone Like You", it's probably easier than "Set Fire to the Rain". I would also suggest "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga; that's pretty easy to play, but it's hard to figure out the exact chords in the verse; there's a lot of ways to make it sound good, though. Um... "Part of Me" by Katy Perry is pretty easy... So is "Starships" by Nicki Minaj. Um... Ah yes, I'd also recommend "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen, "Shadow of the Day" by Linkin Park, and "What The Hell" by Avril Lavigne. That's a good start.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is my piano level?
Description : Q. I am 8 years into self-teaching myself the piano. I'm curious, what piano level would I be considered? FYI A few pieces I can play w...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • chord progressions for enhancing improv skills?
    Q. I'm a guitarist and I'm trying to work on my improv skills. I'm looking for some chord progressions to practice over that ar...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • Does anyone know where i can get a free piano chord sheets for Poker Face?
    Q. So im looking online and if you could, please put a link for a site you may find them on, cuz im not having and luck. thanks! A. D ...
  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • Chord Progressions??
    Q. If I have the right thing.. when writing a song on the piano, and you're in a specific key - for example let's say we're in ...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger