• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord book online » how to play jazz piano chords?

how to play jazz piano chords?

Q. I want to learn how to play jazz piano chords?

A. If you know how to play piano chords well, jazz chords are an easy transition. Jazz chords are basic chord structures that have slight changes to alter the sound. For example, take a C7 Major chord. Now instead of playing a B, play a Bb. You're now playing a regular C7...a dominant chord that's very common in jazz. Other common changes are C9 or a D on top....C,b5 or playing a Gb instead of G...the list goes on. There are many books to help you with this process. Go to the local music shop or look online. My favorite site for this is wwbw.com.

Original Question

Piano and Sheet Music Questions?
Q. What I need is for someone to answer all my questions..
I JUST (just as in two nights ago) learned how to read sheet music by reading an article on the internet. So, I want to learn hoe to play some songs, but I'm not into classical music.Maybe Alicia Keys or familiar Gospel Music. Over the past two days, I've been trying to do the song Imagine me by Kirk Franklin. I found a page of Sheet Music from there and just noticed last night that it was only the first page. I repeat, I'm just learning how to play the piano correctly so that's why I didn't expect it so much. While searching the Internet, these questions came into mind
1. What are chords and who uses them?
2. Where can I find free Sheet music for my -PIANO-
3. If I were to buy a book of sheet music at a store, what would be a good one
4. Any online hymn books. The hymn books in church always have the sheet music in them

Thanks in advance, Clinea

A. http://www.8notes.com/piano/ is great!

Just google "free piano sheet music" and you'll find tons of stuff!

Chords are just when you play multiple notes at the same time. Pretty much everybody uses them.

If you want to buy music at a store, just look for "beginner" books or ask the saleperson for help! I can't really recommend anything specific as I mostly play classical and hard rock/metal. Sorry I can't be of more assistance!

I'd highly recommend practicing scales, as well. It really helps!

Original Question

PIANO Sheet music HELP please!?
Q. I am taking a piano class and im doing pretty good. I recently bought the taylor swift piano book by Leonard Hal and I am confused!
I wast wondering if anyone knows a website that I can put the chords into the computer like how I see it on the actual sheet music and it will tell me which keys to play. Like if I could put what I actually see on the sheet music and it just tells me what to push.

I just need to figure out a little bit of them to understand where the book is trying to lead me.
Thank you very much for your help I will really appreciate it!!! :)

A. I don't know which book you bought (there seem to be very many) so I kept looking until I found a description. It said "Piano/Vocal (with Guitar Chords)".

If you are looking to know which notes to play for the chords (mainly aimed at guitar or keyboard), there are keyboard chord books which illustrate which keys to play. I looked on ebay.com and found many, and some offered free shipping. Or you could find your chords online. http://keychord.com/ shows which notes to play, or this one which also names the notes, and also shows you inversions http://www.pianoworld.com/fun/vpc/piano_chords.htm
Then, you could write in the note names above the chord symbol in your music book, and it will always be on the page in front of you, which notes you need to play.

The piano part of these music pages doesn't usually mean chords - more typically it means playing single individual notes, or sometimes two notes played at once. For them, you need to be able to read the notes on the lines and the spaces. http://www.google.ie/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1024&bih=661&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnsfd&tbnid=gZol-0SOg8BiLM:&imgrefurl=http://chrismarx85.hubpages.com/hub/Learn-to-Read-Music-for-the-Piano-Faster&docid=qqVsE9YZsZ6gMM&imgurl=http://s4.hubimg.com/u/536671_f520.jpg&w=520&h=278&ei=5RhsUMffOoWHhQeO3IG4DA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=99&vpy=189&dur=175&hovh=164&hovw=307&tx=170&ty=55&sig=104196447953624470753&page=5&tbnh=120&tbnw=225&start=65&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:65,i:339 (incidentally, the mnemonic I use is different - Great Big Dogs From Africa, instead of Good Burritos Don't Fall Apart)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : how to play jazz piano chords?
Description : Q. I want to learn how to play jazz piano chords? A. If you know how to play piano chords well, jazz chords are an easy transition. Jazz ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger