• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord yesterday » Help with piano chords?

Help with piano chords?

Q. Yesterday I auditioned for a family band, and they told me that I could play and read music very well, but unfortunately they hardly ever have the sheet music for songs they do for their concerts, and the pianist I will hopefully replace (she's getting very old and ill) pretty much improvises an accompaniment to go along with the melody, so in other words I would have to learn to play by ear. They printed me off sheet music for 3 songs so I could practice them and try to make up my own accompaniments, but I'm a little confused by some of the chord names? I understand the simple Bb and F and what not but what does Am/C mean, and Abm/C Gm? Also Gm7 and F/A....I looked up the first one and it was a guitar chord..can anyone explain to me in simple terms what chords they are for piano? I originally thought Gm7 meant a G minor first inversion (haven't done music theory in forever, forgive me if that's wrong too) but I'm not sure. If anyone could help out that would be great. Thanks!

A. I'm a little confused by your question: if you have the sheet music, play that and ignore chord symbols.

If you are given chord symbols and expect ted to make up your own piano accompaniment (something that is very common) then you certainly aren't being expected to play by ear as you are being given the chords.

In this context, there is no such thing as, "a guitar chord" - a chord is a chord whatever instrument it's played on. If you don't understand basic chord symbols or know the notes in common chords (e.g. Gm7) really, you lack the ability needed.

Original Question

Guitar / Piano chords for D?
Q. I'm new to guitar, don't know how to put this. When I'm playing a song in D, what other chords are suitable to be played along side D? List each one of them please, especially the jazz chords!
I just picked up the guitar yesterday so the only ones I know for D are A & G haha so I appreciate the help. Thanks! :)

A. Hello there,

Here is a link to a chord progression generator. You can use it to find various combinations of chords. For instance, you want to play in D. You can check out the I 4 5 1 progression. You can hear how it sounds and see what the chords are. Since you are just starting, you may not know what the 1 4 5 1 means. You don't need to at this point. The numbers refer to the root note (1) in this case D, the 4th note up the scale and the 5th note up the scale. Don't get hung up on that aspect. You will pick up the theory in time. For now, use try select different progressions to see how they sound. If you like them, use them. A easy way to experiment on chord progressions without understanding music theory.

http://www.hotfrets.com/songanator.asp

Also, here is a link to a chord chart. It is a pdf file and several pages long. Just down load the pdf file to your computer. Whenever you want to see what the fingering is for any chord, you can find it on the chart.

http://www.guitarnotes.com/guitar/notes2/ultimate11.shtml

Later,

Original Question

where can i find piano chords for songs?
Q. ok so i cant read music sheets so i would like just the notes you have to play. i tried asking this question yesterday and it wasn't very successful.
any information would be much appreciated :]

A. Checkout guitar books. One for sure that would help, is called the "fake" book. It has the chord names above the lyrics. Throughout the entire songs. You will need to know your piano chord shapes though! Print out a chord chart, that's how I got started.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Help with piano chords?
Description : Q. Yesterday I auditioned for a family band, and they told me that I could play and read music very well, but unfortunately they hardly eve...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger