• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord am7 » Figuring Piano chords?

Figuring Piano chords?

Q. I have a set of chords on the piano that i cant figure out.
here they are:

Am7/G
Am/E
C/E
D/F#
G/B

Can you tell me what notes to play on the piano and in order.
Ty~

More info, you know the song called "It Ends tonight" by All American Rejects, well yea i was wondering if you see if you could figure them out with the left hand and not with both hands just figure the slash chords with the left hand.

A. The note after the slash is played in the left hand. So just look for the first chord, then add the second note (the one after the slash) in the left hand:

http://www.list-of-chords.com/A-minor-7th.htm

http://www.list-of-chords.com/A-minor.htm

http://www.list-of-chords.com/C-major.htm

http://www.list-of-chords.com/D-major.htm

http://www.list-of-chords.com/G-major.htm

Original Question

Need help with some piano chords?
Q. I've been trying to play all sorts of piano chords, to match up with the melody i'm playing, and i can't seem to find the right chords. For example if i play a E or a G#, how would i know what type of chord would go with that?

A. Write all twelve of your major chords out on a piece of paper.
Now you'll notice that each note appears in three chords. For example A is in the A chord, it's in the middle of the F chord and it's the last note in the D chord.
Now write out all twelve minor chords and you'll see that A is Am, F#m and Dm.

Now that you have all 24 M+m chords written out, if your melody contains E and G# (As in your example) Then you look for a chord that contains both those notes. In this case you would use E, or C#m The choice of which one is totally up to you, whichever one sounds best.

You can of course go into 7th chords and Major Sevenths and extend the list from above, but you'd still be working fromthe same rules. Fromthe 7 group (just write them all out again) you'll add the choice of E7 (not much difference from group one huh?) and from the Major Seventh group the AM7 and the AmM7.

Of course then theres the 9's, 11's and 13's, but the ones listed above are the real answer=choose between E Major and C#minor (Which by the way are the same chord: E6=E G# B C# and C#m7= C# E G# B = exactly the same notes.)

All the best
Cat

Original Question

I need help with G minor piano chords?
Q. One of the well known chords in G minor with the piano is GM, E flat, B flat, F. I want the chord to go down again after the B flat instead of up, what chord do I use?


I don't actually play the piano but I know what the chord would sound like, so as you can imagine it would be very hard for me to work out. This is for a composition I am making


Thanks, please note all possible chords that would go down after that!
I'm playing in G minor which isn't jazzy lol, but thanks :)

A. I don't know what you're trying to sound like, but here are some jazzy/gospel sounding chords.

Key: Left Hand / Right Hand

â I would use an Am 7 #5 after the Bb back to the Gm.

Am 7 #5: G-D-F / G-C-F

â Also after the Bb, I would use an A half dim 7 chord back to the G.

LH: A-C# / RH: F#-A-C-Eb

â Or a ii-V-i back to Gm from the Bb.

Am7 b5 â D #5#9 â Gm

Am7 b5: A-C# / G-C-Eb

D #5#9: D-A-C / F#-Bb-C-F

I hope this helps.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Figuring Piano chords?
Description : Q. I have a set of chords on the piano that i cant figure out. here they are: Am7/G Am/E C/E D/F# G/B Can you tell me what notes to play on...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger