• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord wiki » What is the sixth chord on postcards from far away?

What is the sixth chord on postcards from far away?

Q. By coldplay. And I mean the sixth chord on the left hand. Sorry if I don't explain it right...I'm not a piano expert...(?)

A. Here is the handwritten piano score of the 1st page
http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/Image:Postcardsfromfaraway.jpg

This question should be in the pop/rock section -- not classical.

But we classical folk are very resourceful :-)

The chords on this page appear to be:
Bb, Eb, Bb, Eb, Am7b5/Eb, D, Gm, Cm, F7add2, Cm79, G

Glinzek

Original Question

What is this piano technique called?
Q. when you play a chord, but you play the lowest note first, and the highest note last...like all the notes in the chord are played seperatly but close together

A. It's called an arpeggiated chord.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpeggio


And it's also called a rolled chord.

Original Question

Help with some piano chords?
Q. I'm supposed to identify some chords for Piano Theory, but I forgot how.
Well. Bottom line is. What's a v7 chord? a v chord? an IV Chord? An I Chord?

Sigh.

A. Roman numeral notation abstracts chords from particular keys. There are several variations on it, but the ones I learned and see the most are case sensitive.

A v7 is not the same as a V7. Lower case means a minor third. Upper case means a major third. So a v7 is a minor seventh chord on the dominant (i.e. the fifth scale degree) whereas V7 is a dominant seventh chord on the dominant. 1, 4, and 5 are NOT always major, by the way. In a natural minor scale, for example, all three are minor.

The conventions of Roman Numeral Notation as I learned it are:

The case of the Roman numeral tells you whether the third is major or minor.
The value of the Roman numeral tells you the scale degree.
A sharp or flat that precedes the Roman numeral tells you it's based on a note outside the scale. For example, if a tune in G major has an F major chord in it, and you were writing in roman numeral notation, it would be bVII.
A seven indicates a minor seventh.
A "maj7" indicates a major seventh.
A plus indicates an augmented fifth.
A circle indicates diminished fifth.

It goes on and on. You can learn more online:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numeral_analysis
http://www.musictheory.net/lessons/44
http://musictheoryblog.blogspot.com/2007/02/roman-numeral-chord-notation.html

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is the sixth chord on postcards from far away?
Description : Q. By coldplay. And I mean the sixth chord on the left hand. Sorry if I don't explain it right...I'm not a piano expert...(?) A. H...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger