• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord helper » how to play piano?

how to play piano?

Q. I'm trying to learn how to play the piano on my own and I was wondering if someone could tell me a good web site that can help me learn to read sheet music?

A. http://www.musictheory.net/

This site has trainers that quiz you on notes, intervals, chords, scales, etc. If you're still learning to actually read music, go to the Note Trainer, and click the button the says Toggle Helper to turn it on. It will show you which line and space is which note. Also, since you're learning piano, you've got to learn two clefs, so practice on the setting Bass Clef too! (You can change it under settings.)

Here's another site that might help you: http://www.notationmachine.com/how_to_read_sheetmusic/index.htm


<3allie

EDIT: the second link requires you to pay for part of it which I WOULD NOT do, so just read what it will let you.

Original Question

Techniques to use in songwriting?
Q. Could anyone give me some advice on songwriting? I like country/pop style and I would like to know of any good techniques I could use to make my songs better or more interesting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

A. write a standard 8 line lead, and then a four line chorous. Use ascending and descending chords.

study good songwriting. for two good examples of songwriting, look up Mother's Little Helper by the Rolling Stones and We Can Work It Out by the Beatles. Both written very quickly, ascending and descending chords, with a good standard format.

some write the lyrics first, others do the music. the two easiest instruments to compose with are the harmonica and the piano, but guitar is cool too. keep it simple

good-luck.

Original Question

Is it possible to paint certain keys in FL Studios Pianoroll?
Q. Is it possible to paint certain keys in FL Studios Pianoroll?
For example I want to paint the notes used in A Major scale so I do not have to switch between FL Studio and the website I am using to display the notes in a certain scale.

I am using FL Studio 10.0.2

A. Actually yes, there are a few ways to (indirectly) do this. One way is to go to the menu in piano roll (the piano roll options button: the little arrow pointing down). Go to "helpers" > "view ghost channels". Then create a new channel with no instrument and write your notes there. They will appear as "grayed out" notes behind the notes in your actual piano roll. In fact, you can select "Chord" > the chord/scale you want and paint that directly on, without even having to look at another website. Also, under "helpers" > "detect scale" will highlight notes in the specific scale you are working in.

The other way to do this is if you are very lazy (like me). There are a number of free vsts (plug-ins) that can map incoming notes to a scale (If you choose C Major, for example, pressing C# can be chosen to pick C or D so all notes are technically "right"): Here are some good ones:

Tonespace 2.0: http://www.mucoder.net/en/tonespace/
Displays the "right" notes for whatever scale you are using

ScaleEnforcer: http://www.nicolasfournel.com/scaleEnforcer.htm
You can select the scale and the way it adjusts "wrong" notes

Pizmidi: http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi
Allows you to do all sorts of wacky stuff with notes/scales. "midiScaleChanger" in particular is good with this

Hope this helps, and happy music making :P

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : how to play piano?
Description : Q. I'm trying to learn how to play the piano on my own and I was wondering if someone could tell me a good web site that can help me le...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger