• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord machine » What is the best music generating program?

What is the best music generating program?

Q. I'm making a movie, and I'd like a decent soundtrack. What is the best music-generating program for things like Guitar chords and piano excerpts, stuff like that?

A. http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-music-software.htm

I installed LMMS and Hydrogen on my Vista machine last weekend and have made a couple of little (and not so good yet) instrumentals. The LMMS Wiki is excellent and there are a number of tutorials on YouTube for both programs. The main problem was that I downloaded LMMS's newest release and some things shown in the tutorials are a little different in the new version but my old brain figured them out;-) LMMS can be used with a MIDI keyboard. I'm not sure about Hydrogen.
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

http://www.adobe.com/products/soundbooth/
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/

Original Question

How do i write guitar notes onto sheet music but with the notes, not the chord boxes?
Q. How do i write guitar notes onto sheet music but with the notes, not the chord boxes?
like you would do on a piano but on guitar instead? I know all the notes on the frets eg C#, F but how do i write it onto sheet music cos i don't know whats middle C on guitar. Also can i convert it onto piano if i've written it on sheet music?

A. Machine Head's factual information is quite correct. The C on a guitar which is played on the 5th string at the 3rd fret is written as middle C, even though pitch-wise it is an octave below middle C.

However, his opinion on the utility of writing guitar music this way is way off. In fact, writing it this way serves to orient the guitar's range very nicely on the treble clef. In particular, classical or finger picking music works out nicely in that you've got the bass notes, normally plucked with the thumb, down at the bottom of the staff, and the melody, on the upper three strings, plucked with the first three fingers (non-thumbs), on the top of the staff, and the whole thing fits nicely on one staff. If you wrote it out in true pitch, you'd have to use two staffs, as with piano music, which would be vastly more cumbersome (on piano it at least makes sense to use two staves because you're using two hands to play two separate parts).

Yes, you have to use a lot of ledger lines if you move way up the neck and play the really high notes. But guess what, that's what you have to do on a violin, too. Big deal. Look at the violin part to the "Kreutzer" sonata, you've got ledger lines up to the stratosphere, but nobody complains that violin should be written differently.

Original Question

What are the piano notes to Florence + The Machine's "What the Water Gave Me"?
Q. I'm truly in love with the song, and would like to know if anybody knows the notes to the song. I suck at reading music right now, but would like to try to play it.

A. Hi, sorry I don't know all the piano notes but the guitar tabs, basically piano chords should be almost right- just play the chords e.g. Em means e minor chord :)
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/f/florence_and_the_machine/what_the_water_gave_me_ver3_crd.htm

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is the best music generating program?
Description : Q. I'm making a movie, and I'd like a decent soundtrack. What is the best music-generating program for things like Guitar chords a...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger