• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » cadd9 piano chord » What are some tips for music/song writing?

What are some tips for music/song writing?

Q. I have lyrics okay, but maybe some suggestions there too.
I am decent, which means novice at piano and guitar. That's where I need the most help, how do I actually write the music, choose chords, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, I would love to have some music to go with my lyrics and have some original music :)

A. I write my own music and know exactly what you're talking about. First writing chords for a song (on guitar, anyway) depends on the kind of music you're writing. If it's country, most country songs have the chords G, C, D, Em, Em7, or Cadd9. of course, these are only a few. So, depending on the genre, write a group of chords (normally 4 chords) that make a tune you like. play those four chords and see how they fit to your lyrics. hope this helped a little.

Original Question

Is there anyone who knows the chords to "why" By the rascal flatts?
Q. I need to learn it for a competition so if you know the chords on piano or could find out the chords and let me know that would be GREAT! thanks!

A. Intro: G D C D G D C D

G C
You must have been in a place so dark
G
You couldnât feel the light
Em D Cadd9 G
Reaching for you through that stormy cloud
C G
Now here we are gathered in our little home town
Em D Cadd9 G
This canât be the way you meant to draw a crowd

D C
Oh why, thatâs what I keep asking
G D
Was there anything I could have said or done
C G
Oh I had no clue you were masking a troubled soul
Dsus D Em D
God only knows what went wrong
C Am D G
D C D G D C D
and why youâd leave the stage in the middle of a song

G C G
Now in my mind Iâll keep you frozen as a 17 year old
Em D Cadd9 G
Rounding third to score the winning run
C G
You always played with passion no matter what the game
Em D Cadd9 G
When you took the stage you shined just like the sun

D C
Oh why, thatâs what I keep asking
G D
Was there anything I could have said or done
C G
Oh I had no clue you were masking a troubled soul
Dsus D Em D
God only knows what went wrong
C Am D Em
and why youâd leave the stage in the middle of a song

Interlude: D C G Em D C G
D Em(7) D Am C(hold)

G C G
Now the oak trees a swaying in the early autumn breeze
Em D Cadd9 G
The golden sun is shining on my face
C G
Tangled thoughts I hear the mocking bird sing
Em D Cadd9 G
This old world really ainât that bad a place

D C
Oh why thereâs no comprehending
G D
And who am I to try judge or explain
C
But I do have one burning question
G Dsus D
Who told you life wasnât worth the fight
Em
They were wrong
C
They lied
Em C
Now youâre gone and we cry
Cadd9(hold) Am D
D C
Itâs just not like you to walk away in the middle of a song

D G D C D
Your beautiful song

G D C(add9) D(sus)(D) G

Original Question

How do I find melodies on my guitar for lyrics?
Q. I didn't know how best to word this question, so forgive me.

I can sing, pretty good actually, and I often sing improv melodies and make up lyrics as I go. If I like what I sang, I write the lyrics down as fast as I can remember, then I edit them (because as poetic as I can be, there's going to be a nutty line like "Dooky pooky sticky buns" for the sake of keeping the flow). So I've done this plenty of times, even have a few really good songs, but they're all a cappella because I can't play the piano or any other instrument. I'm learning, currently how to play the guitar, but it's a slow process. I want to be able to strum simple chords along with my songs, but since most of my songs already have melodies when I sing them, how do I match the guitar to them? How do I find the chord? Do I go through a chord chart and play each one until I hear one that sounds right? Gosh, I wish Music Theory was available to me in school.

A. Well the first thing you have to do is figure out what key your song is in, that way you will know what chords should go with it. To figure out the key figure out which notes are flat/sharp. Once you do that, you will have a lot less chords to go through. But heres a hint, the g chord is used in soooo many songs so theres a good chance you can use it, also c, cadd9 d, a, and e minor. Hope this helps!!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What are some tips for music/song writing?
Description : Q. I have lyrics okay, but maybe some suggestions there too. I am decent, which means novice at piano and guitar. That's where I need t...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger