• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord b7 » How do find a dominant seventh chord?

How do find a dominant seventh chord?

Q. For example, how do you find the dominant seventh chord of C major?

A. basically, its all about understanding the major scale, all the other scales, and every chord is based off the relationship of the notes in the major scale.

theres 12 notes all together, and in the major scale, we'd play 7 of the 12. think of it as a ruler. all 12 inches are there, but we're only going to play attn to the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th, 10th, and 12th. now, rather than calling them by those numbers, we just rename them: one through seven. those are the notes in the major scale. (do re mi fa so la ti do). keep in mind, when you're playing these notes, even though you're not using all 12, all 12 spaces are still there. so, the inches on the ruler that arent used are still there, they still count as distance between notes. when you play a major chord, you're playing the root note (note #1), the third, and the fifth - out of the 7 in the scale. to play a dominant seventh you'd need to add in the 7th, but theres a certain dissonance to that note, so we'd take that note and make it flat (one fret lower, or one piano key lower). so, now you've got 1-3-5-b7

or :: c-e-g-Bb

Original Question

How to vocalize using the piano?
Q. I want to learn how to vocalize using the piano. I'm in a choir and i want to learn how to vocalize using the piano. We vocalize like " mi hi ya ha ha ha ha ha" please give me the melody and the accompaniment.

A. There are any number of vocal warm up exercises.

scales: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
thirds: 1 3 5 8 5 3 1
first five degrees of scale: 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1
scales + 1: 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
seventh chords: 1 3 5 b7 5 3 1
minor scales: 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 8 b7 b6 5 4 b3 2 1
chromatic scales: ...... &c

... and use all sorts of vowels and word articulations

On a single note: "My momma made me mash my M & Ms", then again up a step ... all the way up the scale and back down.

Original Question

Can somebody tell me how to play a b sharp on guitar?
Q. maybe create a tableture? is it the same thing as a b7?

A. misread the question, i thought you were loking for Bb for some reason, anyway.

B# is a C chord.
here's how the scale works:

there's a whole step between all notes respectively except for between (B and C) and (E and F) so for instance between A and B, you have room for a sharp and flat note (FYI: A# is the same as Bb) Between the four notes I mentioned above, there is no space in beween to create an accidental note (sharp/flat) so a B# is a C and a Cb is a B. same goes for E and F. so if you know a C chord, you know a B#. and If you know a C note, you know a B# note. it seems confusing right now, but you'll get used to it, here's a link to help you out a bit. It's for Piano, but it actually makes it easier to look at and fully understand that way: http://www.musictheory.net/lessons/html/id20_en.html

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do find a dominant seventh chord?
Description : Q. For example, how do you find the dominant seventh chord of C major? A. basically, its all about understanding the major scale, all the ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • chord progressions for enhancing improv skills?
    Q. I'm a guitarist and I'm trying to work on my improv skills. I'm looking for some chord progressions to practice over that ar...
  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • whats the difference between a c chord and the key of c?
    Q. i have a piano chart at home that says C chord is G, C, and E (in that order). but i've learned that C is C, E, and G. they are the ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Does anyone know where i can get a free piano chord sheets for Poker Face?
    Q. So im looking online and if you could, please put a link for a site you may find them on, cuz im not having and luck. thanks! A. D ...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger