• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord keyboard » Any suggestions on good books to help a beginner learn Piano Chords?

Any suggestions on good books to help a beginner learn Piano Chords?

Q. Ok, got a nice Keyboard, picked up "Piano for Dummies" but rather than learn and play individual notes
I heard you can learn and play Piano Chords like you would on a guitar instead of all individual notes, . If I don't have any success playing individual notes can someone suggest a good book that shows you how to play Piano chords? Thanks in advance

A. Hey....lame as it may sound....a good way to learn piano is to get a hymn book....whether you're religious or not... If you can work your way through a hymn book you can learn piano. That is how I taught myself. I started when I was like 12 and went from there to playing very advanced pieces...

Now I even compose my own music. Hymn books are usually pretty simple but they are also very varied. Give one a try! You could probably find one second-hand at a thrift store somewhere for only a dollar or two!

Good luck!

Original Question

Is Learning How To Play The Piano Difficult?
Q. i want to learn how to play the piano/keyboard. im 16 and i love music. but isn't it hard with like 50 keys on it and remembering all the notes and junk?

A. Actually, there is only eleven notes on the piano/keyboard that sounds different from each other. So if you have 50 keys on your keyboard, you still only have to learn the eleven notes. So, if you play the lowest note (the white one to the far left of the piano keyboard) and play all the notes from the first one - playing the white and black keys in order to the right twelve steps you have reached an octave. This is where the notes repeat them self. You should go through some videos on YouTube about music theory, cause there's to much to say.

Is it hard to learn piano? I would say both yes and no. The benefits of learning piano over an other instrument like guitar or violin is that you always see the notes in front of you in a constant order. You can't change around the notes, they lay there for you all the time. Another great think about learning piano is the expressiveness. A piano player usually plays both the bass and the chords/melodies on his instrument which creates harmonies, while in a band with guitar and bass the guitar player usually plays the chords and melodies and the bass player the bass parts to create the same harmony. So, you're not only learning how to play chords or melody like a guitarist or violinist, but also the bass lines that a bass player would play which would ultimately create harmony.

Learning the piano can also be a painstaking process, because you need to learn to coordinate your right hand and your left hand to play either simultaneously or against each other. This is very hard in the beginning, and students usually learn simple chords first and then how to play melody over chords before finally adding the bass elements with chords and melody.

I hope you find some of my information helpful and good luck learning any instrument you should choose in the near future! :)

And remember, always follow your passions and dreams. Never let any tell you otherwise.

Original Question

Help! How do I learn chords on a piano/keyboard and use them in a song (with a partner)?
Q. At school we were told to make a song up using piano chords (i know what they are) but me and my partner are stuck with no ideas what-so-ever we really need ideas or instructions , also i need to get a good mark.

A. if you know your basic chords then the next step would be to utilize your own chord progression. like a 1-4-5-5seven-1. thats the most basic of chord prgressions also it depends on your style. like if you write classical or jazz or contemporary. me i do jazz so if you would like a cool jazz progression you can use this

[D,F,A,C] -Dminor7

[Bflat,D,F,A]-Bflat minor7

[G,Bflat,D,F]-Gminor7

[A,Dflat,E,G]Aminor7

[D,F,A,C] -Dminor7

[Bflat,D,F,A]-Bflat minor7

[G,Bflat,D,F]-Gminor7

[C,E,G,Bflat] Cmajor7

[C,E,F,A] 2nd inversion Fmajor chord.


i dont know how long it needs to be but that seems pretty nice right there. Good luck and i hope you get an A

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Any suggestions on good books to help a beginner learn Piano Chords?
Description : Q. Ok, got a nice Keyboard, picked up "Piano for Dummies" but rather than learn and play individual notes I heard you can learn a...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • What is the best Piano teaching software?
    Q. Is there one that teaches chord proficiency like Mavis Bacon teaches typing? With the aid of a MIDI controller. A. I loved the old Mir...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger