• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chords jingle bells » How do you transcribe or arrange music?

How do you transcribe or arrange music?

Q. For people who do this, how do you do it? I think its near impossible for me to listen to something and write it down in a sheet of music. How did you learn to do it?

A. If you don't have an ear to pick out the notes from listening, you can still arrange music by getting a copy of the original song with melody and chords. You use the melody and chords to make your arrangement or transcription of the piece. If you want to learn to do it by ear (without the written music), practice figuring out the melody to simple songs that you know really well like "Jingle Bells," "Deck the Halls," "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," and then when you can do that, move up to harder songs like "The Star Spangled Banner." Listen to the song you are trying to write over and over and over and over and try pluck the notes out on a guitar or piano.

Original Question

How do people play songs by ear on piano?
Q. I knew my boyfriend could play piano and drums, but he never let me on to how well he could, and one day I convinced him to play something for me. Out of nowhere, he mashes up Jingle Bells, Don't Stop Believin, Right Next to You, and Daylight back to back into one song. It flowed really well and was probably the coolest thing Ive ever heard! When I asked how he did it, he just said "by ear." How do people fogure these thongs out without looking at sheet misic?! Lol. Those kinds of things blow my mind.

A. Oh this question is really perfect for me to answer. I have been playing piano for a while, but I started out just "playing by ear" until I started lessons... It is really a natural and beautiful gift that I have. I suppose how people do it depends on the person, but I will tell you how it works for me. When I play piano, I "see" colors and associate each note with a color as well as chords with a blend of colors. I do not control it and do not mean this in a literal sense, I "see" it mentally. After playing long enough, I know which key is which color, so I know when I "see" a certain color, I know which key to push. It's quite interesting! Also, some people can figure out the notes by hitting random ones until they hit the right key, then work their way from there. If the note is higher than the one you are on, you estimate the "height" of the key. Hope this helped give you an idea :)

Original Question

Does anyone know any good single finger chords songs for piano?
Q. i already have jingle bells and silent night thanks x

A. chords consist of more than 1 note

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do you transcribe or arrange music?
Description : Q. For people who do this, how do you do it? I think its near impossible for me to listen to something and write it down in a sheet of musi...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • chords on the piano, what are they?
    Q. i do play the piano, but i kinda just play by ear etc, and i don't know chords at all. is there a list anywhere? im playing a piece ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger