• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » complete piano chord chart » Any good online sites to learn how to play guitar?

Any good online sites to learn how to play guitar?

Q. I'm 15 and I've had a guitar I got from my dad sitting in the back of my closet for like 5 years now and I've never learned to play it. Recently I found a love for music and I found out that I can sing pretty good so I've been taking voice and piano lessons but I want to learn to play guitar too. I found a website called OnlinePianist.com that tells you how to play pretty much any song you can think of on piano and I was wondering if there was anything like that for the guitar? I would take guitar lessons but there isn't anyone around here that teaches them and I don't think my mom can afford anymore lessons so I'm going to teach myself. I looked on youtube but the way people explain it on youtube is confusing to me. I tried to use youtube to learn how to play some songs on piano too but it confused me too. Thats why I wanted something like onlinepianist.com for guitar... Does anyone know of any sites?

A. It's best to find a guitar teacher, or at least an experienced guitarist that can show you some useful techniques that might be hard to pick up on your own.

However, if you only want to play some chords to accompany yourself singing, then that's pretty easy to do. You'll want to keep your practice sessions short at first so your fingers can get used to pressing down on the strings (you need to build calluses so it won't hurt). Later you can increase the sessions as long as you seem to progress and you're having fun.

There are plenty of online lessons for guitar. I'll just give you a couple of sites with free instructions for beginners that won't require you to sign up or anything (though there are plenty of those sites as well, some good, some bad). Make sure 'free" is really "free". Sometimes, it's a come-on to sell you a rather expensive "course" of some kind.

I think this is what you were looking for-- a kind of "virtual" guitar? I personally think it's an unnecessary step. And while you're figuring out how to read "tabs", why not just learn how to read actual sheet music. You'll find it will come in handy in case you want to learn songs you don't necessarily know that well (or at all).

http://virtualmusicalinstruments.com/guitar
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/ (especially if you have an electric guitar, but lessons for acoustic are here too)
Also check out Youtube and a site called Ehow.com--just search for beginning guitar lessons


Here are some other useful things you can find online to get you started:
Chord charts:
http://www.8notes.com/guitar_chord_chart/
http://www.guitar-skill-builder.com/free-printable-guitar-chord-chart.html

Online guitar tuners:
http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/onlinetuner.html
http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/


Guitar games
http://www.kongregate.com/chords.phpm/guitar-games
http://www.ababasoft.com/music/guitar_machine.html

There are plenty of sites that have chord symbols or names for popular songs, but these are usually done by whoever posted it. Their versions may not be accurate, complete, or in the key you want it in. There are plenty of songbooks out there so, you might want to invest in at least one, or get a couple of guitar instruction books to help you with things like learning individual notes on the strings (which is useful if you want to play a guitar solo instead of just chords).

Original Question

Does anyone have the sheet music for "Worship With My Life" by Isaiah Six?
Q. I have been looking for this song for a while and am looking for the actual SHEET MUSIC. (Please note: I know the chords are available on their website, but I'm looking for the actual sheet music with a staff and notes.)

Hope you can help & thanks in advanced!

A. Armani records has every song from Isaiah Six's Jealous One CD professionally scored into sheet music. Now offered for download complete with vocal, Piano and Guitar parts, and chord charts.

http://www.amanirecords.com/products/Jealous_One_Song_Book-9-2.html

Original Question

where do you get the complete information about piano chords for free?
Q. Piano chords

A. Hope this is what you're looking for =)

http://www.berm.co.nz/chords/piano.html

http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/

http://www.kidung.com/chord_piano.htm

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Any good online sites to learn how to play guitar?
Description : Q. I'm 15 and I've had a guitar I got from my dad sitting in the back of my closet for like 5 years now and I've never learned ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • What is the best Piano teaching software?
    Q. Is there one that teaches chord proficiency like Mavis Bacon teaches typing? With the aid of a MIDI controller. A. I loved the old Mir...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger