• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » b major piano chord » what are the piano notes that make up the Eadd2 chord and also the Badd2 chord?

what are the piano notes that make up the Eadd2 chord and also the Badd2 chord?

Q. please don't comment if you don't know about piano chords?

A. E major: E, G-sharp, B / minor E, G, B.
B major: B, D-sharp, F-sharp / minor B, D, F-sharp

add2 has nothing to do with classical theory or parlance. Sounds like you add the second scale degree within the key (major or minor) for the E chord, an F-sharp / the B chord, C-sharp.

You should be aware you are learning a limited theoretical terminology for one instrument or genre which is not universal to all musicians.

[ It is you, of course, who doesn't know about piano chords; that's why you're asking.... Just sayin'. ]

Original Question

How long would it take me to learn jazz piano?
Q. I have very little experience in piano and want to start now. I have a lot of spare time so I could dedicate a few hours a day, 7 days a week. I need all the advice you can give me. Any good books or videos on youtube etc. How long before I can play waltz for debby? And what's the easiest jazz song to learn first?

A. Okay here's the deal.

I am a pianist in the loosest sense of the term. I have taken Royal Boards to Grade 8 and I have played classical, jazz, and even composed some of my own four part harmonies to play for some events.

One day, my aunt at her wedding asked me to play for everyone, so I got up, walked over to the piano, sat down, and shat myself at little. I couldn't improvise!!! At most, I would need five minutes to develop a melody, maybe figure out chord progressions in my head from what would sound "right," and then compose a robotic sounding but totally "correct," piece. But I couldn't leave the piano alone, I played a memorized piece and that was that.

I went home, pissed that after 12 years of piano, I could play, but I couldn't PLAY. How did these musicians create these beautiful works of art? Clair de lune! MY GOD! If I could improvise that I would be some godly panty dropper.

So I sat down, thought about theory a little bit, but more or less started simple, touching keys familiar to me and put them together, strung with a little bit of theory. It sounded 10x better than my robotic piece imitation even if it was just one chord up and down the piano. Why? Because it had soul. For the first time in my life I had a real genuine tremble go through my spine from a piece of music that I played!

Waltz for Debby. I played that during a recital along with a Fats Waller song that I cannot remember. Like any piece, as a classically trained pianist, it only took an hour to learn, but days to memorize and perfect. If you are totally new, but know what all of the signs on a sheet of music mean, you can easily learn it in a few days. And I mean LEARN it, like copy and play perfectly.

Unfortunately, I don't really advise doing this. Actually I advise against playing sheet music period. I can't believe I wasted all of my time doing all of that. I now play by chord and by ear. My improvisation still isn't where I want it to be but at least when people say, "Hey, play something for me," I'll be able to play something for them.

Here's some stuff to get you started.

Learn the keys, the name of the keys, all of them.

Then begin slowly, you will have to learn all of the scales. Major, minor, harmonic minor for example.

How you decide to learn them.. whether through Circle of Fifths .. memorization.. whatever, is totally up to you, but you should know the names of the keys (CDEFGAB, etc, and what sharps or flats are in them.)

There are just so many resources available nowadays that it makes it pointless to buy any books, really..

Again, I really advise against learning songs for the sake of playing them to others.. I was lost in that mindset for twelve years. TWELVE YEARS!! I only saw the light after that incident.

Regardless, here's a little taste of jazz.

Pick a major scale.. for example G major.

G major has one sharp, which is the first sharp, F#.

So this means to play G major, you can play any of these notes: G A B C D E F#, and it will sound good.

Go to your piano and play.. G A B C D E. That's G major.
Now play G A B C D# E. How did that sound to you? Pretty jazzy right? But D# isn't a part of the G major scale, why are you allowed to play that note, you ask?

Well, that's jazz for you. And if you'd like to learn more, BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY!

Original Question

how to know what note major scales start on?
Q. ok i play alto saxophone.

if i play the Bflat major scale it starts on a G.

if i play an Eflat scale it starts on a C.

is there like some type of method of know what note to start on?

like if i wanted to start on the note Aflat. what is the name of the scale?
how did you figure that out?

A. Alto sax is pitched in Eflat so when 'Concert Pitch' scales are played you are 'sounding' a minor third away. This is the explanation as to why your G = Bflat and your C = Eflat. If you look on a piano you will notice that A is '3 half steps below [or to the left of] C [What makes that a/the minor third is the fact that there are no flats in the 'key' of C. C Major has absolutely no flats, and the C Major Chord = C-E-G. In order to make a scale or Major chord minor you must change the distance from 4 half steps to 3 half steps.]

In other words lets take the C Major scale for example. C-E-G = C Major Chord C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C = C Major Scale! Now notice the distance between each of the notes. Distance is determined by how many possible notes between each note. Think about the chromatic scale: C-C#orDb-D-D#-E-F-F#orGb-G-G#orAb-A-A#orBb-B-C Now to get from C to D there is a total of 2 half steps: C#/Db & D. So a major scale NEEDS '2' half steps between the 1st & 2nd notes in order to be called and considered a major scale. Do the same thing for the entire scale.

Now let's make the scale and chord MINOR by lowering the 'third' scale tone and the 'second' note in the Chord [which is the third of the scale]!!!

Contact me via email if you need further explanation or if you don't understand this message. I am more than willing to give you free internet theory instruction. I BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO LEARN MUSIC SHOULD BE AFFORDED THE OPPORTUNITY!!! Good Luck To You.

The Pharoah

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : what are the piano notes that make up the Eadd2 chord and also the Badd2 chord?
Description : Q. please don't comment if you don't know about piano chords? A. E major: E, G-sharp, B / minor E, G, B. B major: B, D-sharp, F-s...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger