• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord keyboard » Is Learning How To Play The Piano Difficult?

Is Learning How To Play The Piano Difficult?

Q. i want to learn how to play the piano/keyboard. im 16 and i love music. but isn't it hard with like 50 keys on it and remembering all the notes and junk?

A. Actually, there is only eleven notes on the piano/keyboard that sounds different from each other. So if you have 50 keys on your keyboard, you still only have to learn the eleven notes. So, if you play the lowest note (the white one to the far left of the piano keyboard) and play all the notes from the first one - playing the white and black keys in order to the right twelve steps you have reached an octave. This is where the notes repeat them self. You should go through some videos on YouTube about music theory, cause there's to much to say.

Is it hard to learn piano? I would say both yes and no. The benefits of learning piano over an other instrument like guitar or violin is that you always see the notes in front of you in a constant order. You can't change around the notes, they lay there for you all the time. Another great think about learning piano is the expressiveness. A piano player usually plays both the bass and the chords/melodies on his instrument which creates harmonies, while in a band with guitar and bass the guitar player usually plays the chords and melodies and the bass player the bass parts to create the same harmony. So, you're not only learning how to play chords or melody like a guitarist or violinist, but also the bass lines that a bass player would play which would ultimately create harmony.

Learning the piano can also be a painstaking process, because you need to learn to coordinate your right hand and your left hand to play either simultaneously or against each other. This is very hard in the beginning, and students usually learn simple chords first and then how to play melody over chords before finally adding the bass elements with chords and melody.

I hope you find some of my information helpful and good luck learning any instrument you should choose in the near future! :)

And remember, always follow your passions and dreams. Never let any tell you otherwise.

Original Question

Help! How do I learn chords on a piano/keyboard and use them in a song (with a partner)?
Q. At school we were told to make a song up using piano chords (i know what they are) but me and my partner are stuck with no ideas what-so-ever we really need ideas or instructions , also i need to get a good mark.

A. if you know your basic chords then the next step would be to utilize your own chord progression. like a 1-4-5-5seven-1. thats the most basic of chord prgressions also it depends on your style. like if you write classical or jazz or contemporary. me i do jazz so if you would like a cool jazz progression you can use this

[D,F,A,C] -Dminor7

[Bflat,D,F,A]-Bflat minor7

[G,Bflat,D,F]-Gminor7

[A,Dflat,E,G]Aminor7

[D,F,A,C] -Dminor7

[Bflat,D,F,A]-Bflat minor7

[G,Bflat,D,F]-Gminor7

[C,E,G,Bflat] Cmajor7

[C,E,F,A] 2nd inversion Fmajor chord.


i dont know how long it needs to be but that seems pretty nice right there. Good luck and i hope you get an A

Original Question

What chords are played the most in gospel music?
Q. The chords on a keyboard or piano. Which ones should I know by heart?

A. To be perfectly honest if you are playing in a church setting and want to play the keyboard or piano, you should be proficient in playing mostly all the chords. In gospel music, chord voicing is a very important part of the genre. Being able to play in all the Major keys would be very beneficial to your development. My hope is that you have a teacher or someone who is willing to show you the essentials of piano playing in gospel music. It really is a great genre to learn, but without knowing chords and chord structures you would have a really hard time playing along with somebody.

I hope this helps!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Is Learning How To Play The Piano Difficult?
Description : Q. i want to learn how to play the piano/keyboard. im 16 and i love music. but isn't it hard with like 50 keys on it and remembering al...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Can someone tell me the piano chords for don't let me be lonely?
    Q. Hello, I attended a summer camp for adult visually impaired campers and really liked it, so I want to go back next year. They usually ha...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger