• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord a7 » What notes are in the following jazz piano chords?

What notes are in the following jazz piano chords?

Q. 1. G(b13b9)
2. A7(D-/C#)

Are notes omitted and how do you voice the chords?

Thanks!

A. 1. G B D F Ab Eb------> Ab F B Eb
2. A C# E G omitting C# bass D G A E

From what I can remember. Hope that helps

Original Question

How do I make a 7th chord on piano?
Q. I know need to play a7th, but give me some specifics. Like how do I play an A7?

A. If you're playing the Major chord in 1st position, that is with your thumb on the A, middle finger on the C sharp, and pinky on the E, just drop your thumb down 2 half steps, to the G. Works with every chord, dropping your thumb down two half steps.

Original Question

What do the letters above the score mean on piano music?
Q. I took lessons in classical for a while, and now im trying to learn to play pop music on the piano (billy joel) and they have these letters above the measures, and i don't know what they mean/their significance and i would love to know.

A. Those are more than likely chord symbols. "A" would be an A major chord. "Ami" or "Am" is an A minor chord. You'll also see 7th chords such as Amaj7 (major 7th), Am7 (minor 7th), or A7 (dominant 7th). You might also see symbols such as G/A. That's a G chord with an a bass note. There are many more, but that's a start. See the link for more information. I've played a lot more pop, rock, and jazz than classical piano, so I'm more comfortable reading the symbols than I am reading the notes.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What notes are in the following jazz piano chords?
Description : Q. 1. G(b13b9) 2. A7(D-/C#) Are notes omitted and how do you voice the chords? Thanks! A. 1. G B D F Ab Eb------> Ab F B Eb 2. A C# E...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger