• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord e7 » What is a good site to get piano chords?

What is a good site to get piano chords?

Q. I am looking for piano chords for The Show by Lenka or Infinite Night by Carrie Rodriquez. Do you know any sites I can get these on??
Thanks!!!

A. Here are the chords for "The Show"
The Show by Lenka:
C G Am F


Infinite Night by Carrie Rodriguez chords:
verse:
Bm | Bm | D | A

into the chorus on lyric
" far to young to understand" switch to E7

Chorus chords:
B | B | E | A | B | B | A | E

A good site for learning these chords is http://www.list-of-chords.com/

Original Question

What is the difference between guitar chords?
Q. I am a self taught guitarist. I have a very basic knowledge in SOME music theory, but for the most part I play by ear or use tabs. Sheet music for guitar has always frustrated me, I have tried to learn. I can read very simple sheet music for piano, that's about it. But enough about my knowledge of music. When reading tabs for a song I want to learn, I see chord diagrams.

What is the difference between chords like E and E7 and Em7? They seem to be played the same.

A. They are not played the same there are some differences, they only look similar because they're all variations of E (mi)

Original Question

How long will it take me to complete grade one guitar if I already play two inssturments very well?
Q. I have played flute for four years and piano for eight. I want to know how fast I could learn to play guitar.

A. Your biggest challenge is going to be to build up your callouses. Star out by playing about five minutes a stretch, two to three times a day, and build up your endurance over the space of about three months. When you get to the point where you can play for at least a half an hour, you should be well on your way to working on changing chords smoothly.

Remember, it isn't learning the chords that is the biggest challenge, it's learning to move from chord to chord smoothly. I start all of my students with the following chord:

E minor seven with a suspension
Emin7sus

All you do is strum across the strings with your right hand while you leave your left hand off the guitar completely! E / B / G is the E minor - D is the seventh, and A is the suspension. If the A was above the D, it would be the eleventh, but since it's below the D (the seventh) it's a suspension - even though there is a third in the chord!

Next you learn the E minor with a Dominant 7th
Emin7

Put your second or third finger on the second fret of the fifth string (A)

6/0 5/2 4/0 3/0 2/0 1/0

Next you learn the E minor
Emin

Put your second and third finger on the second frets of the fourth and fifth strings

6/0 5/2 4/2 3/0 2/0 1/0

Next you learn the E major chord
E

Put your second and third finger on the second frets of the fourth and fifth strings, and lay your third finger right down, where it already is, on top of the first fret of the third string!

6/0 5/2 4/2 3/1 2/0 1/0

Next, you learn the A minor chord

Put your second and third fingers down on the second frets of the FOURTH AND THIRD STRINGS! then put your first finger right down where it is, over the first fret of the second string (You just moved all of your fingers over by one string?)

6/0 5/0 4/2 3/2 2/1 1/0

move around back and forth between the chords until you can make the transition smoothly. Then learn some variations:

E7 - 6/0 5/2 4/0 3/1 2/0 1/0

Amin7 - 6/0 5/0 4/2 3/0 2/1 1/0

A7 - 6/0 5/0 4/2 3/0 2/2 1/0

You have probably noticed that I haven't gone anywhere near the C major chord yet. I try not to show that chord to my students for at least a month, unless they beat it out of me (and some do!)

C - (Actually C/E) 6/0 5/3 4/2 3/0 2/1 1/0 (That's a C major chord with the third (E) in the Bass)

C - (Actually C/G) 6/3 5/3 4/2 3/0 2/1 1/0 (That's a C major chord with the fifth (G) in the bass - which sounds fuller but is harder to play) < You generally play it first finger - 2/1 second finger - 4/2 fourth finger - 5/3 third finger - 6/3 >
I play it 1 / 2/ 3 / 4 though because it makes it easier for me to slide around!

Anyway, that should get you started. Let me know if you need more. Give me a shout and I will be glad to send you anything you need.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is a good site to get piano chords?
Description : Q. I am looking for piano chords for The Show by Lenka or Infinite Night by Carrie Rodriquez. Do you know any sites I can get these on?? T...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger