• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » let it be piano chord » Do you know any good choral jazz warm ups?

Do you know any good choral jazz warm ups?

Q. I have to find choral jazz warm ups for my class and I can not find any online. If you know any good warm ups for a jazz choir please let me know. If possible, include possible piano accompaniment (chords) to play with warm up.

A. Here are some useful links for your choral jazz warm ups:

JAZZ CHOIR ESSENTIALS
From Day One to Performance with piano notations:
http://www.micheleweir.com/PDF/fd_jazz_choir_essentials.pdf

Jazz Vocal Warm Up, Singing Technique, Scat Singing & Vocal Style Singing Lessons
http://www.songwriter.com/susan/sws.php

Warm Up with a Cool Vocal Jazz Exercise
http://www.menc.org/v/jazz/warm-up-with-a-cool-vocal-jazz-exercise/

Good luck!

Original Question

How to match your vocal range to playing songs on the piano?
Q. When I try to play piano, let's just say Paradise by Coldplay, the original way it's supposed to be played is too low for my voice, and the octave up is way to high. What do I do?

A. tabs.ultimate-guitar.com offers a HUGE selection of songs and their chords. There is a feature where you can transpose the songs however many half steps or whole steps you like, and eventually, you can find a key that suits your vocal range just fine. (:

Original Question

How to play an octave well in the piano?
Q. I'm 25 years old. I've learned piano for a couple of years. I wasn't started it when I was a kid. I tried to play some stretching exercise before. Such as, Hanon No. 19 and 20. But it seems doesn't have any improvements. I really would like to know how can I improve the problems of stretching. Thank you! I really appreciated.

A. Increasing your octave technique will take dedication and patience, especially if you didn't start when you were a kid. I would continue with the Hanon excercises, but make sure that you aren't playing past when it starts hurting, because that's when injury happens!

I would begin by always relaxing any tension in your neck, shoulders, forearms, and wrists before you sit down to practice. (Remember, increasing agility and flexibility WILL take months and months of practice - even music majors who practice constantly are always working on overcoming technique difficulties) I would try slowly relaxing your neck, rolling your shoulders, and just loosely shaking your arms from your shoulders - let gravity release any tension in your arms. If you are trying to warm up or stretch any muscles with tension, you'll just hurt yourself.

Once you are loose, I would work with blocked chords first - try inversions of the major and minor triads (C-E-G, E-G-C, G-C-E) and eventually add the upper root (for example, play blocked C-E-G-C, E-G-C-E, G-C-E-G) so that you are playing an octave, but it's easier on your hands because you are supporting the stretch with your middle fingers. Do everything slowly - there is no need for speed, as that just builds tension and accomplishes nothing.

Another thing that might help is to "drop" into the notes. Hold your wrist above the piano and drop into a blocked 5th - rather than push the keys. If you can naturally drop into that 5th without too much stretching or tension, then try a 6th, 7th, and finally an 8th. Do everything in increments - never push past pain! Talk to your teacher about it too, since he/she can watch your hand position while you play and give you some specific critiques/corrections.

Hope this helps!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Do you know any good choral jazz warm ups?
Description : Q. I have to find choral jazz warm ups for my class and I can not find any online. If you know any good warm ups for a jazz choir please le...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger