• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord database » Background instrumentals for Defying Gravity from Wicked?

Background instrumentals for Defying Gravity from Wicked?

Q. Im desperate to find this arrangement of background for this song! Please help! Ok this is kinda a tough list of demands but I really need:
-The same key as the original
-All instruments, not just piano
-A happy ending. No scary minor chord where all the Oz people sing "look at her shes wicked" ugh

This would be soooo perfect if anyone knows where I might find this track! Thank you

A. Try searching the Itunes database, I've done a lot of Wicked covers and I've got most of my instrumentals from there. :) Hope I helped!

Also could you answer my question? Thanks!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=At79f4AO25wLNt9v3q1hEwrt5nNG;_ylv=3?qid=20110323151419AAu7me7

Original Question

what is the loudness war involving pop music?
Q. Joan Serra Spanish researchers investigating pop music from 1955 to 4 decades later;loss in musical diversity

A. Yuu're referring to a study just published this week..

Pop music too loud and all sounds the same, scientists find

Don't worry - it's not just you getting old

Reuters - July 26, 2012

Comforting news for anyone over the age of 35, scientists have worked out that modern pop music really is louder and does all sound the same.

Researchers in Spain used a huge archive known as the Million Song Dataset, which breaks down audio and lyrical content into data that can be crunched, to study pop songs from 1955 to 2010.

A team led by artificial intelligence specialist Joan Serra at the Spanish National Research Council ran music from the last 50 years through some complex algorithms and found that pop songs have become intrinsically louder and more bland in terms of the chords, melodies and types of sound used.

"We found evidence of a progressive homogenisation of the musical discourse," Serra told Reuters. "In particular, we obtained numerical indicators that the diversity of transitions between note combinations - roughly speaking chords plus melodies - has consistently diminished in the last 50 years."

They also found the so-called timbre palette has become poorer. The same note played at the same volume on, say, a piano and a guitar is said to have a different timbre, so the researchers found modern pop has a more limited variety of sounds.

Intrinsic loudness is the volume baked into a song when it is recorded, which can make it sound louder than others even at the same volume setting on an amplifier.

The music industry has long been accused of ramping up the volume at which songs are recorded in a 'loudness war' but Serra says this is the first time it has been properly measured using a large database.

The study, which appears in the journal Scientific Reports, offers a handy recipe for musicians in a creative drought.

Old tunes re-recorded with increased loudness, simpler chord progressions and different instruments could sound new and fashionable. The Rolling Stones in their 50th anniversary year should take note.

(Reporting by Chris Wickham)

Original Question

What is Jazz standard?
Q. There is a jazz solo piano book called 40 most popular pieces JAZZ STANDARD
What is Jazz Standard?
Thanks!

A. A jazz standard is basically a very popular jazz song, generally consisting of only a head (main melody) and chord changes that go along with it.

Jazz standards are often played and recorded by many jazz groups, both professional and amateur.

Jazz standards are basically the standard vocabulary of jazz musicians. If you want to play with experienced jazz musicians they might expect you to know some more popular jazz standards and how to solo over them.

Check out this page on "What is a jazz standard?" This site also has a great database on all of the jazz standards: http://www.jazzstandards.com/overview.htm#Questions_and_Answers

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Background instrumentals for Defying Gravity from Wicked?
Description : Q. Im desperate to find this arrangement of background for this song! Please help! Ok this is kinda a tough list of demands but I really ne...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger