• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » fa piano chord » What's the difference between harmonizing and actual singing?

What's the difference between harmonizing and actual singing?

Q. I get the 2 mixed up a lot. Like there's a rap group called bone thugz n harmony and they haromonize a lot in their songs. It actually sounds like they're singing. However, these guys are NOT singers they're rappers. But still, one could mistake them for rappers who actually sing in their songs. But that's not what they're doing because they're harmonizing.

So what's the difference between the 2? They both sound like actual singing. But one's different from the other right?

A. Think of it as the differerence between 1 note on the piano and a chord. You can have 2 part harmony (like your rappers) or 3 or 4 part, Usually thre is no more than that. So that would be 2 or 3 or 4 notes simultaneously on a piano except they use their voices. I don't know the group but more they probably are singing. The old 50's doo-wop street music used 1 singer and often 3 others humming or just singing individual notes in harmony without words. But you don't need words to be singing. If you remember the old Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do scales one guy can sing a "do" and another a "Re" or "Mi" and that's a harmony. Each guy is in a different key.

Original Question

How can I strengthen and expand my upper singing range?
Q. I have a singing instructor to help me, but I was looking for some tips/exercises to do on my own. I need to expand my range for an audition in a few months. I need to be able to hit the D above the staff, ideally. All your advice is much appreciated, thank you!!
I'm already a soprano, but I'm a mid-low soprano.

A. Do some lip trills first, go up and down by half tones, relax your throat and body, DO NOT PUSH YOUR AIR, let your breath and support work together naturally, then start going up, do a scale of 5 notes like: C D E F G F E D C, (DO RE MI FA SOL FA MI RE DO) up and down. and do up by half tones.

NEVER FORCE YOUR VOICE, think it easy and natural, feel your support working but do not push any muscle.

DO NOT SING LOUD either, this exercise is specifically to develop flexibility in your vocal chords. So you don't need to sing loud or scream, you need to do it Piano (Soft volume).

Do it every day for 5 to 8 minutes 2 or 3 times a day.

then when you sing, try to find the same sensation of the exercise while you are singing.

Drink a Lots of water take a vocal rest every day and do not talk loud, do not scream, walk 30 minutes or do any cardio or aerobic exsercise every day to create stamina in your mucles, that will help you to sing your high notes better too.

Hope this help.

Original Question

What are good ways to keep my singing voice good?
Q. I love to sing but I want to keep my voice from getting damaged. I can't sing in high pitches but I would love to learn how to. What are some good ways to broaden my range.

A. Before and after you are actually singing, take care of your voice and warm up and warm down. This can be done by singing scales with a piano, or if you dont have one and are not that sure about the technicalities, just sing the doe, ray, me, fa, so, la, te, does, up and down and keep going! It's boring, but it will maintain your voice well and produce awesome sounds from your voice when your actually singing. Usually 15 minutes of solid scales before and after would be a good start. Don't ignore it, just do it!

Doing the scales will help you get the higher end notes too, because they efficiently excersise your voice and get it ready to attack all the notes in your range, and comfortably too, because your all warmed up!

If you don't do these excercises, you'll be damaging your throat and voice chords and it may affect you in the future. Ask any professional singer and he/she will tell you. Scales and more scales are the key to an increase in range and effectively get you ready to sing the songs you love!

Take care of that voice now!
;)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What's the difference between harmonizing and actual singing?
Description : Q. I get the 2 mixed up a lot. Like there's a rap group called bone thugz n harmony and they haromonize a lot in their songs. It actual...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger