• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » a minor piano chord » How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?

How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?

Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it and couldn't find the right thing. Anyone have any idea how to convert guitar chords to piano notes? I will play piano chords if I absolutely have to though I would rather play notes (for the accurate pitch).

A. It sounds like you are asking how to play a single note on the piano to match the guitar chord. If the guitar chord is C Major, C Minor, C Seventh, C (anything), you simply play a C note on the piano. D Major, Minor, etc, play a D note. These single notes are known as 'roots' or 'tonics' of chords. This is the same thing a bass player does when he plays with a guitar, although he will often embellish with other notes. I would recommend not just playing a single C note but two C notes with the same hand or both hands to get a fuller sound.

Original Question

what's the difference between major,minor,diminished and augmented chords?
Q. I want to know the difference in sound more as of the theory behind it.
If you can give me a link to somewhere where I could hear the different types of piano chords then it would be great.
thanks for any help.

A. the name haha

i dont know

Original Question

How do I find out what piano chord is played?
Q. I'm a saxophone player and am transposing a piece. But the score shows a D and a B played as a chord. Because saxophones can't play chords, how do I know what is being played? Does it just default to the middle or what?

A. "Defaulting to the middle" is hard to do - in some rare cases it works out sounding fine, but most of the time it just sounds weird, especially if you're playing in a group or with accompaniment. Because playing a different note entirely may not fit with the rest of the piece, or even be in the same key!
What key is the piece actually in? Just wondering because B to D is a minor third in the key of B major, and D to B is a major sixth in the key of D major... But it's also possible that the piece is in a different key entirely.
I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think there's a right or wrong way. Personally, for wind instruments, if a chord transposition is in an accompanying part I would play the root of the chord, but if the transposition is in a melody part then I'd just choose the note that seems to fit the melodic line best. obviously I don't have your music in front of me now, so I can't advise you on which note to take.
Hopefully that helps you a bit though!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
Description : Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger