• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord scales » How do I take Piano or Guitar Chords and make them notes for a Flute?

How do I take Piano or Guitar Chords and make them notes for a Flute?

Q. I have to play songs for the Student Ministry at my church on my flute. My worship leader gave me the Piano chords and i want to learn how to play some Breaking Benjamin stuff too. I have the chords but i have no idea what notes to play. I've messed around with the notes that are in the chords but they don't make sense. Especially the minors and majors..any help??

A. Figure out the key (scale) of the song then play around in that scale. Since you have the piano chords you could simply play the root note of the chord followed by other notes of the scale, or you could walk up or down to the root of the chord using the notes of the scale. You can use non-scale notes also but only in passing.

Really there is no such things as a wrong note. It's just a innate ability you develop to know when to play it and when to release it, e.g. placement and duration of a note. The ability to play your scales really fast, and skip around in them knowing where you are at all times will make it easy for you. Though you must control yourself and not overplay.

Your ear will develop and you'll eventually figure out how to play any melodic line you want or desire to play.

Original Question

What should I know to be able to improvise well on piano?
Q. I've been playing for a year and know all the basics of chords scales and music theory, but I'm stuck in a rut of not knowing what else to learn except more songs. I want to be able to jam with my friends but I can't improvise at all because I don't know what to play, what should I learn or do to be able to improvise on the piano?

A. There is most definitely no simple answer to this question.
---------------------------------
One of the simplest thing to do is just practice to a lot of different songs. Everyday. Constantly.

Pandora.com is great because it will throw random Blues songs that you have not listened to. Then you MUST improvise. It's like homework, you MUST do the things you are not good at Until you GET good.
__________________________

#1- LISTEN!

- No musician on this planet knows everything. But with a good Ear, we all are able to learn from sound. Since there Are enough musicians in the world to have Everything "covered", we have the means to Learn Anything. If we simply Hear and Analyze.

If you are at a jam, a song starts and you don't know what to play, "Listen". Hang back for a progression or two and Use your ears. Ask yourself, "What are the other instruments playing"?

Play what they play with variation.
---------------------

- Start Slow. There's no need to play EVERY space. No need to use fast thousand note runs.

***The Less you play, the Less you have to know to sound "good". If you are not confident in your abilities, don't worry. Play what you Do feel confident with and then practice afterwards.

- Repetition with variation. If you find a riff that is Killing on a song, Play It! Play it to Death. But use minor variation so that you don't sound like that lick is the Only lick you know.
------------------

Numerous different and NEW Scale practice exercises will help you develop new pathways to improvisation. There are Billions of ways to play a scale. It doesn't just have to be CDEFGABC. It can be something as simple as CD E FG A BC. Using your imagination when you are practicing means you don't have to use it as much while you are onstage.
----------------------------------

Time and Practice! That's it.

A basic understanding of Anatomy/Physiology, Nuerology/Psychology doesn't hurt either. Simple things that most of us never think about make a HUGE difference in learning a new skill.

When I practice, I have a Specific improvement I want to make. I Obsessively think about that improvement Before, During and After my practice. This gives my mind a "Heads-Up" that I NEED to retain the Data pertaining to the specific targeted improvement that is heading it's way.

Be Obsessive. I have never met an Obsessive person who fails.

Original Question

What are the notes/ fingerings for these arpeggios on piano?
Q. What are the notes for C major C minor G major F major A minor D minor? Please help by telling me the notes or directing me to a website about piano chords, arpeggios or broken chords.

A. Arpeggios , as I'm sure you know are the notes of a chord played consecutively rather than together. So for C major you would play (going up the scale)
C E G C,
then back down the scale.
C minor
C Dsharp F
G major
G B D
F major
F A C
A minor
A C E
D minor
D F A
The fingerings for arpeggios are (right hand) thumb, 3rd finger, little finger 3rd finger, thumb.
or thumb, 3rd finger, thumb little finger, thumb, 3rd finger thumb.
Here are some useful sites (be sure to look at other pages than the ones directly linked.)
http://www.free-online-piano-lessons.com/arpeggios.html
http://8notes.com/resources/notefinders/piano_chords.asp
and for some fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AOEHW2SfWA
Happy playing.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do I take Piano or Guitar Chords and make them notes for a Flute?
Description : Q. I have to play songs for the Student Ministry at my church on my flute. My worship leader gave me the Piano chords and i want to learn h...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger