• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord notes » How do I make piano chords sound less boring?

How do I make piano chords sound less boring?

Q. I use piano chords to accompany myself as I sing, but it just sounds boring.. Any tips on how to make it better? Like some notes to add or something? What do I add?

A. Instead of just playing straight chords, try playing broken chords. For example, where you would normally play CEG at the same time, play each note just a fraction of a second after the first. Another thing you could try is playing the notes of the chord in a different order, so again for example, instead of CEG, play ECG.

Original Question

How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it and couldn't find the right thing. Anyone have any idea how to convert guitar chords to piano notes? I will play piano chords if I absolutely have to though I would rather play notes (for the accurate pitch).

A. It sounds like you are asking how to play a single note on the piano to match the guitar chord. If the guitar chord is C Major, C Minor, C Seventh, C (anything), you simply play a C note on the piano. D Major, Minor, etc, play a D note. These single notes are known as 'roots' or 'tonics' of chords. This is the same thing a bass player does when he plays with a guitar, although he will often embellish with other notes. I would recommend not just playing a single C note but two C notes with the same hand or both hands to get a fuller sound.

Original Question

What are the piano chords for "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie?
Q. I play a little bit of piano, and I really love that song. All I am looking for is the names of the piano chords used in the song, the chord progression, and the notes that make up those chords. Thanks in advance, God bless! :-)

A. "Transatlanticism" - Death Cab:
http://www.e-chords.com/chords/death-cab-for-cutie/transatlanticism

"Transatlanticism" - Death Cab:
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?1164368

"Notes in Chords: Major, Minor, 7th, Aug":
http://www.michael-thomas.com/music/class/chords_notesinchords.htm

Cheers ebs

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do I make piano chords sound less boring?
Description : Q. I use piano chords to accompany myself as I sing, but it just sounds boring.. Any tips on how to make it better? Like some notes to add ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • chord progressions for enhancing improv skills?
    Q. I'm a guitarist and I'm trying to work on my improv skills. I'm looking for some chord progressions to practice over that ar...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • Does anyone know where i can get a free piano chord sheets for Poker Face?
    Q. So im looking online and if you could, please put a link for a site you may find them on, cuz im not having and luck. thanks! A. D ...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger