• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord notation » What is the easiest program out there for teaching yourself to play the piano?

What is the easiest program out there for teaching yourself to play the piano?

Q. I am a singer and read sheet music easily; however, I would like to teach myself to play the piano...especially since I have been given one as a gift. Does anyone know of any good programs/lesson books out there that can give results?

A. Would you like to accompany your own singing or just play popular song? There are a few courses that are good in teaching piano accompaniment.
There is also a fake book course that teaches you to play favorite songs using lead sheet and chord notations.

Original Question

Is there a way to make normal piano sheet music into finger picking guitar tab?
Q. I want to play a song that I only have piano sheet music for. I want to play it by myself on my guitar and just playing the melody on one string at a time I was wondering if there is a way for me to put some bass notes and stuff in to make a nice finger picking song. So is there a way?

A. Yes you can!

The first question that comes to mind is do you know the notes and where they are located on your fret board?

Such as the the 2 spots you can play your middle C?

A good understanding of the different scale patterns and correspoding modes will help also. This will help you maintain a clean counterpoint and stay in "position" for the melody (would not recomend a one string approach for the melody)

Also remember that piano music is actually and octave below what guitar notes are written. So keep that in mind -- example the middle C on piano music is actually the high C (the C on the 3rd line of the staff).

Another thing to look for when transposing piano to puitar is to remember that the piano uses alot more notes (you have 10 fingers for the piano but only 5 for your fret board) so keep a look out for unnecessary passing tones or added notes to the basic chords (your add4, sus's, b13's, #9's) that is more piano oriented and those are usually passing tones that sound good with a piano but horrible on a guitar.

Just focus on the melody then look at the bass line of the piano score to find out the best bass notes to use. Try to stick with the root notes at first but you can look into using the counterpoint rythym to add the 7ths etc of the chords.

Time consuming but definately fun!

You can also try downloading Power Tab. It will allow you to place the notes (both melody and bass lines) in standard notation form (point and click) and it will show a tabbed version as you enter in the information. Also hs a MIDI capable playback so you can get an idea if what you are writing "sounds" correct.

good luck!

Original Question

How to write a piano cover of a song?
Q. I know so many songs that I love and think would sound beautiful if there were a piano version of them, and I want to write one. It's been almost five years since I played the piano, and I was never very good at it, and I've forgotten everything I learned. I've tried just pressing random keys on the piano and seeing which ones sound right, but if I hit a wrong note then the melody of the song leaves my head. Any advice?

A. 1. Record the melody ahead of time by singing into a tape recorder.
2. Work out the melody on piano; writing it down in standard notation.
3. Work out the chord structure; write chords over your melody.
4. Arrange the whole of the thing into your final arrangement of piano music.

... 5. Figure out licensing and copyright issues before trying to sell your work.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is the easiest program out there for teaching yourself to play the piano?
Description : Q. I am a singer and read sheet music easily; however, I would like to teach myself to play the piano...especially since I have been given ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger