• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord a » What are some good types for singing an individual note in a piano chord?

What are some good types for singing an individual note in a piano chord?

Q. I am auditioning for a choir soon and we need to be able to sing an individual note in a piano chord, i.e. sing middle C when a C chord is being played. Some tips would be great. xx

A. You really need to just practice. Sit at a piano and play a chord, and immediately sing all 3 notes in the chord. Then get someone to ask you to sing the top one, middle one and lowest one separately. You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly :)

Original Question

How do I make piano chords sound less boring?
Q. I use piano chords to accompany myself as I sing, but it just sounds boring.. Any tips on how to make it better? Like some notes to add or something? What do I add?

A. Instead of just playing straight chords, try playing broken chords. For example, where you would normally play CEG at the same time, play each note just a fraction of a second after the first. Another thing you could try is playing the notes of the chord in a different order, so again for example, instead of CEG, play ECG.

Original Question

How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get the chords for the bass from the piano chords.

A. Typically the bass plays the same chords that the piano is playing, as both are concert C instruments. So an A chord on the piano is an A chord on the bass. Of course this is assuming you have the chords written above each measure. If this is the case, have the bassist improvise a line based on the chords. It's easy. If the chords are not written, you'll have to figure them out from the key of the piece and the melody written.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What are some good types for singing an individual note in a piano chord?
Description : Q. I am auditioning for a choir soon and we need to be able to sing an individual note in a piano chord, i.e. sing middle C when a C chord ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Can someone tell me the piano chords for don't let me be lonely?
    Q. Hello, I attended a summer camp for adult visually impaired campers and really liked it, so I want to go back next year. They usually ha...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger