• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chords jingle bells » What the heck is this PIANO CHORD?

What the heck is this PIANO CHORD?

Q. when you take C chord, and you know you got your 1st, 3rd, and 5th keys hit from that C, when you take your 3rd key and go up a half step and your 5th key and go up a whole step, what's that called? 'cuz you can do it for every chord and it sounds sweet but i looked up different chord types and couldn't find it anywhere. and it's gotta be common as all hell because it sounds like heavens bells jingling from a soft cloud made of pink roses.

A. If I'm reading you correctly:

You start with:
CEG, raise E a half step up to F, and G a whole step up to A?

You then have CFA.

That is a second inversion of an F major chord.
Inversions: the bottom note is jumped up on octave.

CEG (root position
EGC (first inversion)
GCE (second inversion)

Do that from F
FAC
ACF
CFA - your second inversion F chord.

The second inversion has a 'quality:' with its the fifth as the bass - it sounds less 'at rest' than the root position or first inversion.

The F chord in that position, if in the key of C, is a typical position to resolve (cadence) to the C chord in root position, the IV - I (F maj to C maj) chord sequence of many an 'amen' you hear in hymns, and also a most commonly used cadence in country and western music. (...play CFA, hold the C, lower the F,A to E,G)

P.s. the four basic triad types -- all spelled as rooted on C.

C, E, G = major
C, E-flat, G = minor (the third lowered one half-step
C, E-sharp, F-sharp = augmented (enlarged) the third and fifth each raised one half-step
C, E-flat, G-flat = dimimished (made smaller) the third and fifth each lowered one half-step

major - major third on bottom, minor third above
minor - minor third on bottom, major third above
augmented - two major thirds
dimished - two minor thirds


Best regards.

Original Question

Full Easy Jingle Bells Piano Sheet Music?
Q. I need the full Jingle Bells, not just the chorus. A link to a website would be great. It also needs to be fairly simple, not any chords or anything, i'm new to piano. Also, the lyrics. Thanx!!!

A. http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

Original Question

Easy songs to play on piano?
Q. I'm 13 and my school is having a talent show. I took piano lessons for about three years but then stopped for about two years so I have forgotten some of what I know. I wanted to play Fur Elise but it's too hard, do you know anything similar but slightly easier to play?

A. Jingle Bells is very easy if it's Christmas,
If you think Fur Elise is hard then maybe you should try some Nursey Rhymes, Old McDonald is fun and easy. Mary had a little lamb is VERY easy.
If your a bit more advanced I would suggest "No-one By Alysha Keys", its really easy because there are no chords and it's all in the right hand.
But seriously Fur Elise is EASY, just give it a try.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What the heck is this PIANO CHORD?
Description : Q. when you take C chord, and you know you got your 1st, 3rd, and 5th keys hit from that C, when you take your 3rd key and go up a half ste...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger