• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » dsus4 piano chord » How do you play 'DG' chord? -Vanessa carlton A thousand Miles acoustic guitar tabs?

How do you play 'DG' chord? -Vanessa carlton A thousand Miles acoustic guitar tabs?

Q.

A. Dmaj/G in bass
Sometimes I use my my pinky and ring and middle and use my index for the bass, or I will use my ring to bar and my pinky to do the D. Then I can walk the the middle and index. Polychords are usually called piano chords because the bass
note usually is a passing note or a walk. I like to use the the D sus2/G on the regular fingering ring middle and index and use my index for the G bass walk and use my pinky for a Dsus4 melody stretch that pinky to to the 5th
fret. Or you can use the different fret positions.

Original Question

I need a combination of piano chords that sound sad. Any ideas?
Q. I'm trying to compose a song and I would like to use a lot of minor chords. However, I'm a little stuck. I've got a bad case of writer's block and I'm looking for some assistance. I don't need a melody, just a list of possible combinations of chords that I could use to make the song sound sad and/or dark. Any ideas??

A. I don't know what key you're in, so I'll give you some in the key of Am, which has no sharps or flats (unless you add some). See if any of these work for you.

If you want the chords in another key, use

http://www.autotransposer.com/transpose/

It's easy and free. (You'll need to remove the bar lines because the transposer doesn't understand them.)
__

Am |Dm |Em |Em |

Am |Am/G |FM7 |FM7 |

Am |Dm |Esus4 |E |

Dm7 |Am |Em7 |Dm7 |

Am |Bm7b5 |Dm/E |E7 |

Am |Am/C |Dm7 |FM7 |

Am |CM7 |Dsus4 |D |

Am |E |FM7 |Dm7 |

Original Question

Help changing guitar tabs into piano chords?
Q. How do I play Dsus4 and Cadd9 and Em7 on the piano ? (what notes are they) thanks !

A. The notes in the chords:

Dsus4: DGA
Cadd9: CEGD
Em7: EGBD

How you might play them:

Dsus4:
RH: DGA (or GAD, or ADG)
LH: D

Cadd9:
RH: CDEG (or GCDE, or DEGC, or EGCD, or DEG, or GDE, or EGD)
LH: C

Em7:
RH: BDG (or GBD, or DGB, or BDEG, or GBDE, or DEGB)
LH: E

As you can see, there are lots of ways to voice the chords. See what sounds best to you. Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do you play 'DG' chord? -Vanessa carlton A thousand Miles acoustic guitar tabs?
Description : Q. A. Dmaj/G in bass Sometimes I use my my pinky and ring and middle and use my index for the bass, or I will use my ring to bar and my pi...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger