• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » how to play a piano chord » How to play chords on piano?

How to play chords on piano?

Q. Can you help me? For my youth group praise band, I need to know how to play chords like so:
C Em7 Dsus G
(LALLALALALALALALALALALALA) <<<Example
If you can answer can u please tell me step by step?

A. Wow, playing on a band. =D, First of all, good luck!

Anyway, since you are playing IN a band. This means that you should be very careful on playing chords (piano/keyboard clinics). I recommend:
1. Play power chords(roots and 5ths) for both hands. eg. C chord: LH = C-G, RH = C-G.
I exclude the 3rd note, in this case: E, because your guitar player might play lots of melodies on the 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths.
Note: Don't play lots of bass chords on your left hand coz it is the bass player's job. keep your hands close to each other.

2. Minimize, not stop, playing high notes. Learn how to invert chords. eg. Em7 chord. Instead E-G-B-D, use B-D-E-B on your RH(note, i removed the 3rd, G) . It is the lead guitar player's job to play high notes. Sometimes, the lead guitar player needs assistance/reinforcements on his leads, its your time to play those high notes.

3. Since you are playing on a worship team band, suspended (sus) chords are useful to create a feeling of worship in the church(or wherever). In this case, Dsus, i recommend playing it on this pattern: A-D-G on your RH added with D-A-D on your LH. Pianos sounds cool when playing suspended chords.

4, G, still, play without thirds but add and octave. eg. LH = G, RH = G-D-G.

5. and lastly, play some ghost notes.

I hope i helped, may God bless and your band. =D

Original Question

how to play jazz piano chords?
Q. I want to learn how to play jazz piano chords?

A. If you know how to play piano chords well, jazz chords are an easy transition. Jazz chords are basic chord structures that have slight changes to alter the sound. For example, take a C7 Major chord. Now instead of playing a B, play a Bb. You're now playing a regular C7...a dominant chord that's very common in jazz. Other common changes are C9 or a D on top....C,b5 or playing a Gb instead of G...the list goes on. There are many books to help you with this process. Go to the local music shop or look online. My favorite site for this is wwbw.com.

Original Question

Can I learn to play piano through chords?
Q. Hello, I am a beginning to play piano and I am planning on teaching myself how to play it. I have played guitar before and it seems like through playing chords and singing I was able to become an avid player.
Do you think it is possible to learn piano through playing song chords and singing will become effective? I planned to just start off with a song I like and play chords, hoping that I will soon catch on to the rhythm and have a good piano/singer combination. Thank you for your help :)
I only want to be efficient enough at piano to accompany my voice. If there are any other techniques to learn piano w/o a teacher, I am open to suggestions. :)

A. Hmm. I think chords definitely help and they make it easier to sight read and such when you get better, but the problem I had with piano was coordinating hands to play different notes/rhythms at the same time.

So while chords is very important and it will help you a lot, I do not think you can learn the instrument well while just learning/playing chords. Unless that's all you want to do...accompany your voice with chords.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to play chords on piano?
Description : Q. Can you help me? For my youth group praise band, I need to know how to play chords like so: C Em7 Dsus G (LALL...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • whats the difference between a c chord and the key of c?
    Q. i have a piano chart at home that says C chord is G, C, and E (in that order). but i've learned that C is C, E, and G. they are the ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger