• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord progression exercises » Chord progression to this piano piece?

Chord progression to this piano piece?

Q. I have a hard time figuring out the chord for the left hand in this piece
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WTpXCYzIPY&NR=1

A. That's the theme song from Sailor Moon.
Someone else on this forum wanted it copied down from a cartoon video.
I thought it might be a fun ear-training exercise, so I complied.
I hope it's all right if it's in f minor instead of g# minor.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v500/pentatonika/sailormoon.jpg

Original Question

Piano practice methods?
Q. I'm primarily a flutist, but I'm interested in becoming proficient on piano. I have some experience (took eight years of lessons as a kid...my abilities reflect maybe three our four) and passed the proficiency exam for my music degree, though I'd really like to reach a level of genuine skill for purposes of fun, performance, and teaching--I'd like to be able to accompany my own students someday when I have my own studio, though I'm probably about ten years away from that.

I intend to take lessons when I have the time and money, but could anyone recommend some practice or exercise books to look at in the meantime? I'm aware of most fundamentals, hand position, crossing fingers, crossing hands, etc. but I definitely need a refresher on the scale fingerings and such.
I'm having a heck of a time trying to sight read as well. Bass clef...playing two, three, FOUR, FIVE notes at the same time? What's that about? Haha. Seriously though, I usually end up having to do one hand at a time because I'm not used to reading more than a single line. I imagine you just grow accustomed to it over time to the extent that you can see chords and play them without thinking about it, but is there something I should focus on to make the process less overwhelming? The bass? The root? Stop trying to play music and just look at some exercises for a while until I'm used to it?
So...scales, chords, technique exercises, and maybe some easy rep. I have a book of Clementi sonatinas and they're just slightly beyond me if that's any indication of where I am.
Thanky!

A. You need Hanon and Czerny exercise books. They are standard repertoire for any serious piano student.
For learning how to play chords and learning about chord progressions, get a hymnal and play one hymn a day till you get through the whole book. Then you can start over again and you'll be amazed how much better your sight reading and ear training skill are. You mentioned getting a music degree so I am going to assume you are in (or have taken) music theory classes and ear training. And if your classes where anything like mine, you probably analyzed more than a few hymns in those classes. That's because most hymns follow counterpoint rules (of which Bach was the master) and are great for learning about chord structure, progression, and fingerings. So hymns make great sight reading exercises.

Original Question

Can any piano players, Help me? Please?
Q. So i've been playing piano for almost a year now and a half. And i can't play with both hands, I always mess up unless its an easy chord progression/ easy melody. For example, Every time i try and play the chord progression on the left hand i go the same tempo as the melody/right hand Which obviously messes up the song. Is there anyway i can fix this? Any exercises? I've been practicing for a long time and still.. nothing. i just want to play with both hands. :(

A. This is real and I had learned from a piano program that is designed for both no experience and disabled people. I also had piano training for about a year before I stopped, because I could not afford my program. Yet I still continue learning little pieces on YouTube. There is a program called, "simply music." You get to learn both hands in a few weeks time and you don't have to read piano sheets. My unique piano teacher told me that instead of playing a certain song with both hands, slowly learn a different song first towards that certain song that you want to learn. The program is so great that it has
students from all ages where the teachers meet every few months and has symposium every year.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Chord progression to this piano piece?
Description : Q. I have a hard time figuring out the chord for the left hand in this piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WTpXCYzIPY&NR=1 A. That...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger