• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord voicings » Reference for chord voicings on piano?

Reference for chord voicings on piano?

Q. Hi, I was wondering if you guys know of any online reference or book with different chord voicing styles? Lol, I have writers block right now and need some inspiration. Thanks in advance.

A. "Chord voicing styles" ... I'm not sure what that means. Are you asking for a chord chart, inversion of chords, or progressions. I personally don't like the approach of writing music from a chord progression; I write melody first and then work on the harmony.

I don't have any ready reference for chord progressions, but you can go to http://www.pianoworld.com/fun/vpc/piano_chords.htm to build chords and scales.

Original Question

what are some great books to show me some great voicings of chords for both piano and guitar?
Q.

A. I'm not sure what you mean by voicings, but if you want to learn chords, it's best to learn scales first. You'll then be able to form chords just by knowing the structure of the chord. You'll then become a chord master, and be able to not only play chords, but be able to improv. to a song. I would recommend a scale book like this: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=piano+scale+books&hl=en&cid=9083458362206486393&sa=title#ps-sellers

However, if you want to learn chords only, there are websites that can teach you as well. It's harder to improv, but if chords are all you're looking to do, check the internet for chords. Here's a piano chords library:http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/
Here's a guitar chords library:http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

Original Question

How can i write a unique piano melody / Major and minor key questions / chord voicings / jazz chords?
Q. Whenever i write a melody, it always sounds like another song. How can i make it sound more unique? I tried to make the song out of jazz chords but i only know a few. I think its because that 7th chords are still technically a (for example) C major chord. I mean how can i stray away from writing in a major/minor key?

Think: arnt we eventually going to not be able to write any melodies because there are only so many good sounding major / minor chords?

A. I don't have an answer for you in terms of a unique chord progression (on that mission myself right now), but I do have a thought pertaining to your question. It's all a matter of rhythm. I don't think we'll run out of good sounding melodies because a change in rhythm will keep things spicy and new. So my advice is not to throw out all those good sounding melodies just because they use generic chords, experiment with different rhythms, and arrangements on your pieces. Adding other sounds/instruments will help make your songs with generic chord progression sound more interesting and lively. I add horns to a lot of what I write, it helps keep things new. Hope I helped.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Reference for chord voicings on piano?
Description : Q. Hi, I was wondering if you guys know of any online reference or book with different chord voicing styles? Lol, I have writers block rig...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger