• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » d7 piano chord » Help? i need to find piano chords for an awesome song?

Help? i need to find piano chords for an awesome song?

Q. Where can i get piano chords for "These Roses" by Gin Wigmore ?

A. Try this. I think it's close. Let me know if you have questions or if any of it sounds wrong.
--
Am G |F |

C |G#o(no3) |F |
C |Am |D7/F# |F |
C |G#o(no3) |Am |F |
Am G |F |Am G |G#o |

Am G#+ |F C |Am G#+ |F C |
Am G#+ |F C |Am G |F |
Am G |F#o |

C |G#o(no3) |F |
C |Am |D7/F# |F6 F |
C |G#o7(no3) E7/G# |Am |F |
C |Bb |Am E/G# |Dm |
Am G |F |Am G |E7 |E7 |

Am G#+ |F C |Am G#+ |F C |
Am G#+ |F C |Am G |F |Am G |

D7/F# |Bo |F/Bb G#o |Am |
D7/F# |Bo |F Fm |Am |
Dm |G |Am G |G#o E7/G# |

Am G#+ |F C |Am G#+ |F C |
Am G#+ |F C |Am G |F |
Am G |D7/F# |F Bo/F |C |

Original Question

How to play these piano chords?
Q. it qould be better if you just told me all of them if thats possible:

Dm
G7
A7
E7
D7
B7
+ect.

i only know that ; Am = e, a,c & E = e, g(sharp), b & c= e,g,c , g = d, g, b.


thanks, i could not find it on google cause it just showed up as majors and all...;/

x

A. I'm still learning, but, this is what I know:

Do you mean d minor? And, is it just the basic chord? If so:

dm is: d, f, a. Inverted once: a, d, f, Inverted twice: f, a, d

D major: D, F#, A. Inverted once: A, D, F# Inverted twice: F#, A, D

G7 (major right?): G, B, D, F#

A7: A, C#, E, G#

E7: E, G# B, D#

D7: D, F#, A, C#

B7: B, D#, F#, A#

Your best bet is to learn the scales. A seventh chord is usually a basic chord with the seventh letter of the scale added to the end.

You can pick up some "cheat sheets" at music stores, and I would also think you can get theory books, which would help, if you're not taking lessons.

Original Question

Guitar chord and music theory help?
Q. Alright, so I'm awful with music theory despite playing a bunch of instruments. So my question, is who can explain basic music theory (particularly for guitar) well and without sending me to a 50 part music theory lesson or something. I can read music and all, just don't understand the concept of 5ths and 7ths and scale progressions. Can anyone help out? Thanks!

A. so you want to build a bar b que in the backyard without having to touch a brick?

Music Theory is the same for pianists and guitarists
e.g. I can play the piano from guitar chords
****
----one year, our teen youth group got together for a college
reunion Christmas party - I played and we all sang the Carols and songs

had such a great time - until somebody said - remember bunny foo foo?
so we all had to sing Bunny - and that led to another - which led to another
with me pounding out the background on the songs
tears later we finished - - and broke up

one of my pianist friends came to me and asked - how did you know all those songs??
I replied - I had only heard of one - but they are all built on the One, Four, and Five chords ( I, IV, V) so you can fake it
WHAT!!!!!!
yep - just plain music theory
******
So one lesson - - let's see if you can catch this brick?

Basic Guitar key - is G for our example
so your main chords will be G , C, D
and those are all major chords I, IV, V
if you put a 7th on the V chord, i.e. D7
it sounds like it needs to go back to I (G)

note that the major chords are all capitals
the minor chords are lower case in Roman Numerals, that is
Am = ii (2), Bm = iii, and Em = vi in the key of G
so, of our 7 chords in this key 3 are major - 3 are naturally minor
and vii with a little circle on it - is diminished (both the third of the chord and the fifth are lowered a 1/2 step ( a diminished 7th chord is made up of all minor thirds BTW)

you will hear several of these chords some very similar and the have
the same notes as other chords
V and vii diminished
IV and ii

In a chord progression there are 5 levels of rank
I
V or vii dim
IV or ii
vi
iii

Rules of the table
1) All movement comes back to the top (tonic chord) ONE
2)you can jump down to any level, and proceed back to the top, stepping on each level ( I-vi-ii-V-I)
3) you MAY skip ONE level on your return to the top (ie I - IV - I)
4) the tonic chord (I) may be placed in between levels on return to the top as you go back up

now when you alter chords - you give them new life
ii is minor is a major key - but what if you made it a MAJOR chord
then it functions as V of V and then you really have a fun time

so my show off tune is an old song used by an airline to fly with
I love it for the chord changes and display of theory
(pls bear with me - Yahoo! will not let me write nomenclature)

(G)Take me along, if ya (G7)love a me
(C) Take me along, if ya (C) love a me (different on u tube version)
(G) take (B major) me a (Em) long (A major) with (D) you (D7) my
(G) heart will ride (G7) sweet and glorious
(C) high above the (G) clouds if you will (G/D) take me a(D7)long with
(G) you

now the tricky (G/D) means it's a G chord in second inversion
you play the G but with a D as the bass note - - gets you prepped for the D7 coming up in to the final cadence

So let's see how that first into our scheme
I - I7(acts as a V of IV) -
IV -
I - III major(acting as a V of vi) - vi - II major (acting as V of V) V - V7
I - I7 (yep V of IV)
IV - I - I 6/4 (2nd inversion) V7 - I

yep - we're street legal per the chart

fun?!

all the best

Bachelor's in Theory
Masters in Music

enjoy the old commercial - only rendition I could find of this song

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Help? i need to find piano chords for an awesome song?
Description : Q. Where can i get piano chords for "These Roses" by Gin Wigmore ? A. Try this. I think it's close. Let me know if you have ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger