• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord c2 » What notes are in a C2 chord?

What notes are in a C2 chord?

Q. I'm a piano girl, that's why I'm asking this. But I'm trying to play some music now that would normally be for a guitar. You know, like this one? http://www.higherpraise.com/lyrics/awesome/awesome4885.html

But...On my list of chords-http://chordlookup.com/piano.aspx A C2 Chord is not listed. Or D2 or E2...etc

Can you help me?

A. C2 is not a proper chord name, the reason is because it isn't clear what it's supposed to be.

It's either Csus2, which has the notes C D and G, or C add 9 which has the notes C E G and D. It's likely C add 9... lots of those praise songs use that sound lot (in fact, they overuse it, it's pretty cliche)

Original Question

How would you play the C1 chord on a piano?
Q. I'm trying to play a song that's meant for guitar, but supplies the key work for piano two (it only uses 4 chords throughout the song- here's the link to the info: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?7497193) and all of the chords are shown in piano form except for the C1. How would you play that on a piano? to understand what i'm saying about the key work, just use the link and check it out. Please help though because i love that this song is so beautiful, yet simple to play for the musically challenged like me! Thanks in advance! :)

A. There's no such thing as a "C1" chord (no matter what instrument you're playing).

Even that C2 chord on there... that's not a proper name. It should be called Cadd9. Whoever wrote that chart doesn't know what they're talking about.

I say you just play a regular C major chord, which has the notes C E and G in it.

Original Question

How do you play these guitar chords on the piano?
Q. Ok, I found these guitar chords to this song I want to learn on the piano, and I thought it might be easier to do this than to learn the song by ear.
Here are the chords: Em, C2, G, D

A. Em = E,G,B
C2 = just play C major = C,G,E
G = G,B,D
D = D, F#,A

hope this helps!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What notes are in a C2 chord?
Description : Q. I'm a piano girl, that's why I'm asking this. But I'm trying to play some music now that would normally be for a guitar....

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger