• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord a2 » What is an A2 chord, and what is an Asus?

What is an A2 chord, and what is an Asus?

Q. I am going to be the relief pianist for our church worship team. I am learning the songs from sheets that are notated with guitar chords. I can read sheet music, but have been away from piano playing for a long time and some of the chords seem confusing. So I need a description of what, on a keyboard (NOT a guitar!) an A2 chord is and what an Asus is?

A. A2 = A E B C# G

Asus2 = A B E

Asus4 = A D E

I hope they can help you some how

Original Question

Are most Piano songs repetitive?
Q. I'm trying to create a song, and all I can thing of that fits well is a repetitive measure.
Do most piano songs repeat over and over?
I don't want it to seem to be an "uncreative song" because I am using some complex chords.
But I'm curious if its "frowned upon" for an acoustic song?
(There will also be an acc guitar added to it)

A. Well most songs are based around themes, and the themes often have a formula. Ternary form, rounded binary form, rondo form etc. So if you have theme A then B then A again that's normal! And it's ok if theme A2 is the same as theme A1

Original Question

Need Help with Chord Progressions!!?
Q. Hey,

I'm looking to learn more about chord progression, I'm having trouble writing my own songs and need help.

Is there a program that helps?

I've also looked at the circle of fifths but I don't think it really helps me 'find that next chord'.

I'm not quite sure what i-ii-iii-iv-v-vi-vii etc all mean when referring to a chord progression; does it mean the number corresponding to note in a scale? as in - in a A major i = A?

Or if you could help, I so far for example of one song, have;

D#/5- = (A2,A3,D#4,D#5)
then
C#/5+ = (A2,A3,C#4.C#5)
then
A5 = (A2,A3,E4,E5)
But now what?

As in, to lead to the next part of a song, I have no idea where to go.

Sorry if this is stupid, I have spent a few years playing guitar and only starting to get into the theory side, never had a lesson learnt online.

A. This is difficult to explain over the internet, but go back a few steps. The chord numbering reference system can be a useful way to think about music, especially for guitarists but the first thing you should know is the difference between the major and minor chords.

In a major key you would number the chords I, ii, iii, IV, V, vi, and vii°. When speaking to other musicians you would call them âthe one chordâ or âthe five chordâ and so on. The Capitalised numbers indicate a major chord and the lower case, a minor chord. The little circle means it's a diminished chord.

For example, these would be the diatonic chords in the key of C major and in A major:
I ii iii IV V vi vii°
Key of C C Dm Em F G Am B°
Key of A A Bm C#m D E F#m G#°

For starters, just focus on the Primary chords - I, IV and V. Think of the progression from "Summer Nights'" from Grease. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blcvkFqeKac
Classic I-IV-V song!

Now before you go too crazy, just add one minor chord - try the vi. Now mix up your I, IV, V and iv chords (eg. use C, F, G and A minor) into different combinations. Now you can play the classic chorus progression from "More Than a Feeling", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcsVPis1iNs
or "She Drives Me Crazy",http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wzi-kTVOI, and countless others!

It's a little easier to get the concept on the piano. Here's a good I-IV-V tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh_448qCe3c&feature=related

As for your progression, it's impossible to know what it is without the key. If you're playing in C#, you have a ii - I - vi progression. Try throwing in the IV (F#) and the V (G#) and see how it sounds.

Have fun!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is an A2 chord, and what is an Asus?
Description : Q. I am going to be the relief pianist for our church worship team. I am learning the songs from sheets that are notated with guitar chord...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger