• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord a2 » what chords am i really playing, here?!?

what chords am i really playing, here?!?

Q. well, i wrote a song the other day but i used tabs to write it, and i want to know how to play it on the piano, but i don't know what chords i'm playing. i've tried to find sites that may tell me what i'm playing, but they're no help. the tabs i am playing are:

1. 079900
2. 002200
3. 024400

according to my voice lessons teacher, the second tab is A2.
help with this would be much appreciated. (:

A. The notes for the first Tab are: E E B E B E. This is an E5 Chord or E 5th, it's the same thing. These are the same notes you play on the piano.
The first E is the same note as the guitar open 6 string.

The notes for the second tab are: E A E A B E. This is an E sus4 Chord.

The notes for the third tab are: E B F# B E. This is a B sus4 Chord.
The low E and the high E notes would be the same notes for all three chords when played on the Piano.

Hope this helps.

Original Question

how do i transpose chords?
Q. i have an assessment soon, my teacher said he was going to say the notes from a chord, and i have to tell him what the notes would be if the chord was raised or lowered one key. don't know if this makes any sense to anyone, it certainly doesn't to me. he said something about a table that can help, and apparently all i have to do is count up or down 3 notes, if anyone knows where i can get one of these magic tables please tell me, I've tried google, not sure if he even knows what he's talking about

A. If you know your alphabet (backward and forward) you can make one of those tables yourself. Thye tricky part is including the sharps/flats. LEt's start with an easy chord:

G major G = Root, B = the third, D=the fifth

How did I get those?

G1 (Root)
A2 (2nd)
B3 (3rd)
C4 (4th)
D5 (5th)
E6 (6th)
F#7 (7th)
G1 0r octave (8)

Now, we want to transpose G to either Ab (A flat - one half step up) also known as G# ( I am using the small b as a symbol for a flat here)

or Gb (Gflat - one half step down) also known as F#

G - B - D

1/2 step up

Ab - C - Eb

1/2 step down

Gb - Bb - Db

you can see this on a piano if you have one handy

the G is between the first and second black key of any group of three black keys
The B is just above the group of three black keys
The D is just below the group of two black keys

If you move the G up one half step - It becomes the second, or the middle of the three black keys G# / Ab

If you move the B up one half step, there are no black keys to move to, so you move up to the next white key, which is C - immediately below the group of two black keys C natural (uncommonly known as B#)

If you move the D up one half step - it becomes the second, or top of the group of two black keys. D# / Eb

Let's move the G chord down now

The G is wtill the white key in between the first and second black key in the group of three black keys

If you move the G down one half step, it becomes the first of the three black keys, or F# / Gb

The B is still the white key sitting just above that group of three black keys

If you move the B down one half step, it becomes the third, or the top right black key A# / Bb

The D is still the white key in the middle between the two black keys

If you move the D down one half step, it becomes the first, or left black key in the group of two black keys C# / Db

You can even put a drawing of a piano keyboard in front of you if the teacher will let you. Label each of the notes and just go up or down as many half steps as you need to. If this doesn't help, just make a chart of whatever chords you need. Start with C in the middle and go up and down by half step until you fill the page.

Original Question

Letters for piano love the way you lie?
Q. Haha, i'm pretty new at this.. So may I ask what are the LETTERS for love the way you lie...
lIke D3, D4, A2,C2, Those letters, thanks (:

A. For future reference they're called chords and I'll give you a link to them :)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : what chords am i really playing, here?!?
Description : Q. well, i wrote a song the other day but i used tabs to write it, and i want to know how to play it on the piano, but i don't know wha...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger