• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » zanarkand piano chord » How to become a better pianist?

How to become a better pianist?

Q. I have been playing the piano for about 10 months now. I am essentially self taught (I took a crash course in high school where the teacher kinda just stood around) and I have become decent. I played the in game version of Zanarkand for our spring recital, so it wasn't the easiest piece, but it wasn't difficult by any means since I altered a number of the chords to get there faster (now I am relearning the same version with the full chords). The one problem I constantly find myself in is that when I am learning a song, I tend to spend hours on certain parts and find my self getting nowhere with it, and we're talking things like Mozart and Beethoven for beginners. I took 6 lessons during the summer before I went to college and that helped marginally. I feel like I'm doing something wrong and want to become better at it, even though my time is fairly limited right now (I am going to be a film major next semester in college this year). But I intend to set up my schedule so that I can find at least 1 hour in the day to play piano, since music is so important to me as well. I have a pretty good background in music theory and can read sheet music, but I can't sight read- that's something else I want to get better at too.

Thanks to everyone who answers!

A. As a self taught person, you probably are not using the best body/arm/hand/finger position. One lesson with a pro will tell you what to change, and get some exercises to strengthen your hands (you can do them in class, during lectures).

Next, get a progressive set of lesson books. I like the Bela Bartok "Microcosmos" set, because they are real music. They tackle simple problems, and build on them. I found that Julliard's bookstore had the full set, so I could look and see which one I needed to start on. If there is a school of music near you, check out the library.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to become a better pianist?
Description : Q. I have been playing the piano for about 10 months now. I am essentially self taught (I took a crash course in high school where the teac...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger