• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » b minor piano chord » Can someone tell me some things I need to become proficient at guitar?

Can someone tell me some things I need to become proficient at guitar?

Q. Like to give me a general outline of what I'm supposed to be learning now and what's I'm supposed to know by next year.

Currently I can play a few songs, a bunch of riffs ( They're all mostly hard rock/grunge/alternative ),
and some parts of some songs.

I know these chords: A major/minor, D major/minor, E Major/minor, G major/minor, F major/minor, B major/minor.

I know the names of the open strings and up to five frets on each string.

I know how to write some basic chord ( i know a bunch of progressions and some i made myself) / power chord songs. I already know a bunch of theory since I played piano for two years before I started guitar.

I know the pentatonic major/minor scale, diatonic natural/harmonic/melodic minor scales ( can't understand how to implement the melodic minor scale. It just sounds weird) and the diatonic major scale.

I know a bunch of easy solos like smells like teen spirit, in bloom, we will rock you, bohemian rhapsody first solo etc.

I know a bunch of blues licks but still can't improvise a decent blues solo on the spot.

I want someone to just give me a general outline of what I'm supposed to learn for the summer.
Like a bunch of points.

I've been currently playing for about 2 and a half months.

Please I need an answer. I'm completely lost. Currently I'm just learning songs and solos and don't know what else to learn.


Will choose a best answer!

A. Work on what is known as the Chromatic Scale. It is a fret-by-fret notation system that will teach you where all the notes, by name, that are on the fretboard. I'll give one example as pertaining to the E strings.

The open string is E.
1st fret: F
2nd fret: F# or Gb
3rd fret: G
4th fret: G# or Ab
5th fret: A
6th fret: A# or Bb
7th fret: B
8th fret: C
9th fret: C# or Db
10th fret: D
11th fret: D# or Eb
12th fret: E

Start on any of the open strings and make notes on what you learn.

Original Question

What chord pattern is best to follow when writing in B minor?
Q. I know how to end phrases with cadances and such but what the inbetween?
Can you give me a phrase of chords in Bminor to follow and work with?
Sugestions welcome.

A. Contemporary music uses a lot of chord patterns that you did not hear very often back in the 1960's and 70's. Play the chords on the piano and see how they sound; almost anything goes now. Traditional chord progressions would go from B minor to E minor then to F# 7.

Original Question

How do you know what piano chords go together?
Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they go together to write a song. Could you guys give me some tips on writing songs?

A. I'm been composing for a LONG time so I can tell you where you need to start. I know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it. You need to practice remembering what chords are compatible to one another.

For example a D G (Bflat) chord is compatible with a G (Bflat) D chord.

Did you see how they contain the same notes but are arranged differently?

Look at a d minor scale:

D E F G A (Bflat) (Csharp) D

Any of those keys are acceptable for a d minor song. So if you used chords that are combinations of any of those keys, you can be 90% sure to be fail safe. That's a good place to start.

Now look at an a minor scale:

A B C D E F (Aflat) A

Play the following chords:

(A C E)
((Aflat) C E)
(F (A flat) C)
(E A C)

Those are all in the scale and you just created a tune to an a minor song

Recognizing what doesn't sound right is the beginning of learning what DOES sound right.

Experiment a little and find out what works what doesn't


Hope this helps

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Can someone tell me some things I need to become proficient at guitar?
Description : Q. Like to give me a general outline of what I'm supposed to be learning now and what's I'm supposed to know by next year. Curr...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger