• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord usage » What's a good instrument for an adult with 6-inch hands? Used to be a violinist, but that was too big.?

What's a good instrument for an adult with 6-inch hands? Used to be a violinist, but that was too big.?

Q. I'm a music major, and I've recently found out that even a 3/4 size violin may be too big for me. I'd really like to continue playing some instrument, even if I am going into composition.

Note: I cannot reach an octave on the piano. And the clarinet is also too large for me.

A. Well, the harmonica is a nice small instrument. Have you tried a recorder? The soprano recorder is quite small and though it is not in common usage today, it does have a demand in colonial settings (I used to play recorder professionally at Colonial Williamsburg - although they call it the English Flute). There is also the piccolo (it is basically a tiny flute with a higher pitch), drums (I don't think hand size would matter much in drumming), and keep in mind there are violins smaller than a 3/4. And although not being able to reach an octave will limit some of your piano playing, it does not mean you can't play piano. You can drop the bottom note on chords that are too wide for your hand (very young students often have to do that). Hope this helps.

Original Question

Carpal Tunnels... How can I relieve the pain without surgery?
Q. I have carpal tunnels in both my hands. These days I can't even play piano or wash my car anymore, as I am unable to sleep from the pain for three nights after.

I have heard of expensive creams which ease the pain, and obviously surgery, but at the moment both are out of my reach. Is there something I can do to make it more bearable?

A. I have it in both wrists as well. I wear braces at night or in the day as needed. I wear a lightweight pair of fingerless arthritis gloves with a wrist strap for everyday usage, which can be easily washed and dried. I play guitar, paint, and write, so I understand how frustrating it can be, never mind the pain and the snapping twinges. I have somewhat adapted to this by alternating my finger/chord techniques, and switching paint mediums. Brushes require too much, so I switched to pastels. I have to adapt to my abilities, and getting through the frustration of figuring out how to re-use your hands is a big part of dealing with it.
There is a asian product called Eagle Brand Medicated Oil that is wonderful. Tiger Balm is good.

Original Question

What are good chords to make a song?
Q. I have been trying to make a song on the piano, but when ever i play random chords i sounds like other songs. and I really hate that.

A. There are only so many chord progressions to choose from. Besides, some of the greatest songwriters start with common chord progressions but put something special, either lyrically or in their performance that makes the song new.

Check out Etta James version of "At Last". This is the same chord progression as many songs before and after, but there is something magical in this particular usage.

Start with common chord progressions, and then figure out how to make them your own!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What's a good instrument for an adult with 6-inch hands? Used to be a violinist, but that was too big.?
Description : Q. I'm a music major, and I've recently found out that even a 3/4 size violin may be too big for me. I'd really like to contin...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger