• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » df piano chord » I want to learn to play piano?

I want to learn to play piano?

Q. I am 14, turning 15 this coming April, and I want to learn how to play the piano. I have been playing the trumpet and guitar for 5 years now, so I am experienced in the art of music. I don't want to have to pay for lessons if I have to.

Is there a way that I can teach myself how to play the piano at my age? I want to learn how to play songs that require two hands like my friends do. I already own a piano, so that's covered. Please post a way that I can learn by myself how to play the piano. It could be a website (preferably), a book, etc. I want to learn as much as I can so I can just read piano music and I will be able to play it (after practice, of course).

I don't want to have to go to a place for lessons or get a teacher, just me teaching myself with whatever help you can offer. Thanks!

A. Sit down at your piano. Press GBD. That's a G major chord. Press FAC. That's an F major chord. Press CEG. That's a C major. DFA is D minor. EGB is E minor. ACE is a minor. BDF is a dimminished chord. It's a little different. AC#E is A major BD#F# is B major (BDF# is B minor). CD#G is C minor. DF#A is D major. EG#B is E major. FA#C is C minor. GB#D is G minor. Start with those chords. Just press them again and again. Gradually experiment with combining different notes. If something sounds crappy don't do it again. If it sounds great keep doing it. Watch different how to play this or that song on Youtube for practice. It takes time but if you know your basic chords it's a lot easier. You don't have to be able to read music to play it but if you want to learn to read music just ask your music teacher for whatever beginner piano books they can loan you. They're boring but if you press through them you will probably learn to read it. I personally cannot read music so I can't guarantee that though.

Original Question

for Foreigner "cold as ice" on the piano,?
Q. what are the cords that are played with the left hand?
can you give me the cords in this form
1st:c#df (made up chord)
I mean right hand! But you can go on and post the left to.. just seperate them

A. Here you have the chords along with the lyrics (see first link below). I got that from a guitar tab website, so I'm not sure which hand it is (I'm a guitarist myself). Maybe the video in the second link can help you further...

Original Question

chopsticks on the piano?
Q. I really want to impress my mom by learning the song "chopsticks" on the piano. I can't read music, but i know the abcdefg chords and where they are. Can you just tell me what those notes are for it. My mom already taught me the beginning where it goes: fgx6.... yeah. i don't need instructions or anything just tell me, for example: bagabbb...
thanks:)
I will be taking lessons soon and how to read music. So don't tell me I have to do that first because I already taught myself, Mary had a little lamb and twinkle twinkle little star

A. The first part of chopsticks is:

do two times:

fg - 6x's
eg - 6x's
db - 4x's
ea - 1x
cc - 3x's

The second part:


Play two times:

ce - 1x's
bd - 1x's
ac - 1x's
gb - 1x's
fa - 1x's
eg 4x's
fa - 1x's
eg - 1x's
df - 4x's
eg - 1x's
df - 1x's
ce -3x's

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : I want to learn to play piano?
Description : Q. I am 14, turning 15 this coming April, and I want to learn how to play the piano. I have been playing the trumpet and guitar for 5 years...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • chords on the piano, what are they?
    Q. i do play the piano, but i kinda just play by ear etc, and i don't know chords at all. is there a list anywhere? im playing a piece ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger