• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » am7 piano chord » Piano chords question?

Piano chords question?

Q. I am playing a piece of music in the key of F sharp minor. I need to play the chord :Aminor7flat5. Is this flat 5:
a) D (because the fifth degree from A is E. And the E is flatterned in this key sig. There for Eflat flatterned is D)
or b)E flatterned. The keysig is not relevant to the chords written.

A. When playing a flat 5 chord you must flatten the fifth whatever that note is.

So Am7 = Root A, Third C, Fifth E, and Seventh G

Now flatten the E to make the chord Am7b5 or Am7flat5

So Am7b5 = Root A, Third C, Fifth Eb (E flat), and Seventh G

I should also mention that the thirds above are minor thirds
Hope that helps

Original Question

Piano chord structure?
Q. im working on Alicia Keys' unthinkable....the Chords are Am7 CMaj7 FMaj7 in the key of Bminor.....what is the roman numeral and symbol for the chords?

A. Well none of those chords are from the key of B minor.

I looked up a chart, and without verifying that it's correct, it says that those are the chords, but there's a capo on the 2nd fret (it's a guitar tab). That would mean that the chords are actually Bm7 Dmaj7 and Gmaj7... that's not really B minor either... it's kind of a B Aeolian thing (yes, there IS a difference between Aeolian and minor, minor implies tonality, Aeolian implies modality).

You could analyze that as i7 - III7 - VI7, or Im7 - bIIImaj7 - bVImaj7, depending on which method of analysis you want to use.

If you don't know how to play a Bm7 chord just by the name, then watch these videos:
http://www.tinyurl.com/lucasmanchords1
http://www.tinyurl.com/lucasmanchords2
http://a.1asphost.com/LukeSniper/ccc.html

Original Question

Figuring Piano chords?
Q. I have a set of chords on the piano that i cant figure out.
here they are:

Am7/G
Am/E
C/E
D/F#
G/B

Can you tell me what notes to play on the piano and in order.
Ty~

More info, you know the song called "It Ends tonight" by All American Rejects, well yea i was wondering if you see if you could figure them out with the left hand and not with both hands just figure the slash chords with the left hand.

A. The note after the slash is played in the left hand. So just look for the first chord, then add the second note (the one after the slash) in the left hand:

http://www.list-of-chords.com/A-minor-7th.htm

http://www.list-of-chords.com/A-minor.htm

http://www.list-of-chords.com/C-major.htm

http://www.list-of-chords.com/D-major.htm

http://www.list-of-chords.com/G-major.htm

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Piano chords question?
Description : Q. I am playing a piece of music in the key of F sharp minor. I need to play the chord :Aminor7flat5. Is this flat 5: a) D (because the fi...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • What is the best Piano teaching software?
    Q. Is there one that teaches chord proficiency like Mavis Bacon teaches typing? With the aid of a MIDI controller. A. I loved the old Mir...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger