• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » a minor 7 piano chord » What are some minor piano chords that sound good?

What are some minor piano chords that sound good?

Q. Scary or haunting that sound proffesional

A. All of them?

The joke is that every minor chord on a modern piano is the same shape (that wasn't always true, by the way). The chords' feeling depends on what key you're in. For instance, in the key of A minor, a C# minor chord would be very surprising (and probably not sound very good), but the key of F# minor, it's pretty tame.

Maybe what you're looking for is a sequence of chords. A lot of Renaissance and Baroque composers liked something called a "lament bass" for a sad sound. Try playing A, G, F, E in the bass. You can put different chords on top of it, like: Am, G, F, E, or even sadder, Am, Em/G, Dm/F, E. Or, for the chord over F, try an F half-diminished 7th--that's an Fm with an Eb added. Experiment with it!

By the way, the "scariest" chords are diminished 7ths. For a "haunting" sound, just play several in a row.

Original Question

Dominant Chords - Piano?
Q. Could someone help me here? What is a Dominant + Major chord in the key of C? And also, what is a Dominant + Minor chord in the same key of C? The instrument, by the way, is a Piano.

Thanks!

A. OOOH! ANOTHER PERSON WHO PLAYS THE PIANO!! lol

Anyways, when you have a Dominant chord, its just a chord that is built on the 5th note of the scale. Therefore the dominant chord in the key of C major is
G(5th note) B and D
and if you need a Dominant 7th chord, it would be
G B D and F

The minor Dominant chord would to just build a chord on the 5th note of the minor scale. Therefore G Bb D

Dominant 7th
G Bb D F

hope i helped!

Original Question

How to practice piano chords?
Q. Piano

A. (assuming you are very new)

well major and minor chords are really simple and piano is really simple
play a major C you play C,E, and G, from C count to the keys to E it is 4 half steps, then 3 half to G this is the same for every major chord, you have the root(C) then 4h/s(E) then 3h/s(G), minor chords are the same but you have the root(C) then 3h/s(Eb) then 4h/s(G) now you know how to construct every major minor chord just by counting half steps, then you just have to practise until you memorize each, I suggest you play start by just by learning these basics and understand that no mater what the chord your thumb and pinky are alway static you do not move them when switching chords you'll find that almost every chord has these finger the same distance apart, except Bm/B and Bbm/Bb this is the odd chord where you'll have to think about possitioning your pinky if you play a B and count 7 half steps you'll find that you're pinky is on a black key and your thumb on a white while with all other major/minor chords its white white or black black

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What are some minor piano chords that sound good?
Description : Q. Scary or haunting that sound proffesional A. All of them? The joke is that every minor chord on a modern piano is the same shape (that ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger