• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » let it be piano chord » Piano Chord vs. Guitar Chord?

Piano Chord vs. Guitar Chord?

Q. So I recently started messing around on the piano, and I learned the basic chords. I'm a little confused though, because on a guitar a C chord or an F minor is 5 or 6 notes (strings), but on a piano it's just 3 keys. How are they even the same chords?

It's bothering because you can just finger pick a few chords and it sounds nice (despite being ridiculously easy) but it sounds goofy on a piano with only 3 keys...

A. Alright, let's go over a little bit of theory here that applies to both piano and guitar.
You have eight whole tones in a single scale. This is basic. There's C, D, E, F, G, A, B, and C. Now, let's number them.
C - 1
D - 2
E - 3
F - 4
G - 5
A - 6
B - 7
C - 8

In any regular major chord, the notes are 1, 3, 5, and 8 - generally. There are some exceptions including accidentals and different inversions but I'd prefer not to get into too much detail about things like that.
In other words, this means C, E, G, and C.
On a regular classical, acoustic, or electric guitar, there are six strings... but the reason why you hear six notes are because you can't simply hit three strings with one strum. (You could, but guitar strings don't work that way and won't sound that way if you try.)
Notice that a C chord (as stated earlier) is C, E, G, and C.
There are two C's. In other words, there are actually only three notes in a C major basic chord.

When you play guitar, you actually hit a note more than once. I'm not going to go pick up my own guitar and test to see which notes are played exactly, but there might be two C's, two E's, and two G's... something like that. They all belong to the C major chord, and therefore can be accounted as a chord. It also sounds richer because there are more notes in different octaves.

When you play piano, three notes - C, E, G - obviously sound very plain. But if you try playing C, E, G, C, E, G with both of your hands in different octaves, the sound is much more richer and fuller. The reason why the piano may sound plain is because that's the initial chord. You can play as many C's, E's, and G's you want, and it'll sound like a C chord. What makes a richer tone is how many notes in the chord you play, as well as which octaves you play in.
Hope I helped!

Original Question

let it be piano chords?
Q. i dont really know piano very well, but i thought it might be cool to know how to play the song. if you could give me a detailed way to play it, that would be great.

A. Look here:

http://my-piano.blogspot.com/

Original Question

What are the piano chords for ''I'm Letting Go'' by Francesca Battistelli?
Q. Plz dont send me the notes, i just want the simple piano chords. Thx alot!!

A. ''I'm Letting Go'' by Francesca Battistelli

Intro:
Bm A G Em7
Verse:
Bm A G Em
My heart beats, standing on the edge
Bm A G Em
But my feet have finally left the ledge

Pre chorus:
G
Like an acrobat
A
There's no turning back

Chorus:
D
I'm letting go
A G
Of the life I planned for me
Em
And my dreams
D
Losing control
A
Of my destiny
Bm A G Em
Feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to believe
D A G Em
So I'm letting go

Verse:
Bm A G Em
This is a giant leap of faith
Bm A G Em
Trusting and trying to embrace

Pre chorus:
G
The fear of the unknown
A
Beyond my comfort zone

Chorus:
D
I'm letting go

A G
Of the life I planned for me
Em
And my dreams
D
Losing control
A
Of my destiny
Bm A G
Feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to believe
Em
So I'm letting go

Bridge:
Em Csus4
Giving in to your gravity
D
Knowing You are holding me
A
I'm not afraid

Chorus:
D
I'm letting go
A G
Of the life I planned for me
Em
And my dreams
D
Losing control
A
Of my destiny
Bm A G Em
Feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to be lieve
D A G Em
So I'm letting go

Cheers ebs

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Piano Chord vs. Guitar Chord?
Description : Q. So I recently started messing around on the piano, and I learned the basic chords. I'm a little confused though, because on a guitar...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • chord progressions for enhancing improv skills?
    Q. I'm a guitarist and I'm trying to work on my improv skills. I'm looking for some chord progressions to practice over that ar...
  • whats the difference between a c chord and the key of c?
    Q. i have a piano chart at home that says C chord is G, C, and E (in that order). but i've learned that C is C, E, and G. they are the ...
  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • Does anyone know where i can get a free piano chord sheets for Poker Face?
    Q. So im looking online and if you could, please put a link for a site you may find them on, cuz im not having and luck. thanks! A. D ...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger