• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » e piano chord » Piano chords?

Piano chords?

Q. Where can I find the piano tabs/chords for Black Eyed Peas - So real....the peace in the end of 'humps'?

A. piano music is not printed in tablature, it uses the grand staff. In order to learn how to play the piano you eventually will need to learn how to read music. If you know how to play chords on the piano it is possible to play the basic progression of a song from the guitar chords but to really learn the part correctly you need to read music

Original Question

how do you learn piano chords by yourself?
Q. i quit my lessons before i finished grade 3. and how do i learn to play by ear?

and and and, how long does it take to learn guitar by using a book? a year?

A. Piano chords are very easy to learn. They are patterns that are not that difficult. Know which ones are which takes time. It can be easy to hear the difference between major and minor, but may take time to recognize diminished 7th and such.

I suggest that you go back to taking lessons. I would also suggest that you take guitar lessons as well. Chords on the guitar are a little tricky to pick out by accident. Lessons are usually fair priced.

How long does it take to learn the guitar? Well, a good instructor can have you playing a song in minutes. There is a very simple song that uses E A and D using half chords that can be learned in minutes. To become good at the guitar takes years.

Original Question

what is a piano chord ????
Q. what is a piano chord and why do you need to learn it

A. A chord is multiple notes sounding (or being played) together. Chords built in thirds are collectively referred to as tertian harmony.

A major chord is built by taking a major third (e.x. C and E) and placing a minor third (E to G) on top. A major third is always made up of two notes 4 half steps apart (C to C# to D to D# to E is four half steps). A minor third is always 3 half steps apart (E to F to F# to G is three 1/2 steps).

A minor chord is built by taking a minor third (like G an Bb) and placing a major third on top (Bb to D).

An easy way to find the parallel minor chord from a major chord is to simply lower the middle tone a half step.

By raising the top note by a half step on a major chord, (thus you have a major third stacked onto another major third) you come up with an augmented triad.

If you lower the top note of a minor triad you have two minor thirds on top of each other, and this is a diminished triad.

This is just some of the basics of chord structure... there's a LOT more.

It's important to understand chord structure because that's what almost all instrumental and choral music from Bach on up (until the 20th century and 12-tone series and stuff) is based on. Chord structure and progressions are absolutely necessary in the analysis of music.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Piano chords?
Description : Q. Where can I find the piano tabs/chords for Black Eyed Peas - So real....the peace in the end of 'humps'? A. piano music is not ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger