• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » nice piano chord progressions » Chord Piano players.?

Chord Piano players.?

Q. When you have the chords for a song, how do you get a melody from that? Is there a certain order that you play the notes in or something, because I just can't seem to get a good sounding melody.

Please explain in detail. Thanks.

A. If you're going for a BASIC catchy melody, you just need to have the melody follow the chords as they change. let's say you're playing a C E G chord, then you go to a A C E chord. Your melody could be something like [while on 1st chord]C D E G [while on 2nd chord]A.

Being able to write catchy thematic melodies with nice harmonies is something that has to be more intuitive than learned. I can't even really explain how I write catchy melodies so often for people. It's just something I've easily been able to do for clients over the years.

Learning lots of chord progressions can really help with melody development though.

Original Question

i'd like to write a song with the piano, in what key and chord progression should i use?
Q. i was planning to write a song for a girl. probably a sad and emotional song to portray how i would never get her, how perfect she is and stuff like that. i know that a minor key would be appropriate but im not sure what key and progression to use. probably something easy to play and emotional at the same time.haha thanks alot for helping.:D

A. Hi. It's nice to hear you want to write a song for a girl. I've written few for my girlfriends actually (and of course one at a time... =p).

Good advice is to have mixed major and minor keys and a lot of 7th chord - I like 7th chord because it gives calm nice feeling. I can show you one of my patterns if you want:

if you start at C (easiest) for example, you can progress like this:
C , Fm , C , Am, Dm7, G, C7.. F , G , Em7, Am, Dm7, G

I've been composing for the last three years and you can listen to them on my website. But don't show it because it is not from your own heart haha =x

Original Question

What are some basic chord progressions?
Q. Also, what are you some good books for chord progressions?

A. chord progressions for what? If you want major chords (the nice sounding ones) count 4 half-steps above the note and then 3 half-steps. For example, for C major chord, you have C E G. From C to E has C# D D# E (4 half-steps) and from E to G has F F# G (3 half-steps). All major chords (4 half-steps and then 3) sound good. The easy ones are CEG, FAC and GBD (cause there's no sharps or flats) That's for piano though but I think it works well with guitar too

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Chord Piano players.?
Description : Q. When you have the chords for a song, how do you get a melody from that? Is there a certain order that you play the notes in or somethin...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger