• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord theory » what's the difference between major,minor,diminished and augmented chords?

what's the difference between major,minor,diminished and augmented chords?

Q. I want to know the difference in sound more as of the theory behind it.
If you can give me a link to somewhere where I could hear the different types of piano chords then it would be great.
thanks for any help.

A. the name haha

i dont know

Original Question

How and when would I use piano chords?
Q. For the past month I've been memorizing a bunch of piano chords, and it donned on me...when would I ever use these? I've seen sheet music with the symbols above the notes but I don't get it...how do I use them? The more information, the better, and thank you (:

A. It amazes me when I hear someone say they are memorizing piano chords. You really don't have to memorize them, when playing you construct the chord on the fly. After gaining some playing experience your hands will automatically configure them self to play them.

As far as when to play a chord, and which chord to play, and in what sequence to play them in is again gained from experience. You need basic theory knowledge in order to analyze a piece of music, i.e., major scales, chord type to play on each scale degree, how to play around the circle of 5ths/4ths. You really don't need in depth knowledge of this but just the basics so that you understand what the music is doing and why.

Anyhow go here for the answer to your question...
http://www.pianobychords.com/index.html

Oh and by the way, use this website to get the bare-bones knowledge needed. You can learn how to construct a major chord and realize all the other chords are nothing more than an alteration of and/or add-ons to the major chord

Good Luck

Original Question

what are the piano notes that make up the Eadd2 chord and also the Badd2 chord?
Q. please don't comment if you don't know about piano chords?

A. E major: E, G-sharp, B / minor E, G, B.
B major: B, D-sharp, F-sharp / minor B, D, F-sharp

add2 has nothing to do with classical theory or parlance. Sounds like you add the second scale degree within the key (major or minor) for the E chord, an F-sharp / the B chord, C-sharp.

You should be aware you are learning a limited theoretical terminology for one instrument or genre which is not universal to all musicians.

[ It is you, of course, who doesn't know about piano chords; that's why you're asking.... Just sayin'. ]

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : what's the difference between major,minor,diminished and augmented chords?
Description : Q. I want to know the difference in sound more as of the theory behind it. If you can give me a link to somewhere where I could hear the di...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger