• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord asus4 » What does add4 mean in a chord on piano?

What does add4 mean in a chord on piano?

Q. What is a A(add4) chord. I tryed searching it but i cnat find it. please help =)

A. actually it means a suspended4th which is a very common chord (sus4) and is usually played as an inversion putting the suspension as the highest voicing or as the second highest voicing.
play an A with your left hand (2 an octave apart if you want) then try these voicings with your right hand;
A-D-E or the inversion E-A-D.
in a suspended chord the 4th usually replaces the third. Quite often this chord will resolve to a standard major chord of the same name (Asus4 to Amaj) try it out
P.S if there was a 7th and a 9th (GandB) then the addition of a D above that would make an 11th chord

Original Question

What are the ukulele chords for Lateeya You Don't Deserve Me No More?
Q. There are a lot of chord numbers like 0311, and I try putting my fingers like that, but I didn't think that it was a chord. And plus, I searched everywhere for the chords, and a lot of people put number chords.

Can you tell me the chords for You Don't Deserve Me No More by Lateeya? Please tell me the letter chords, that would be very helpful. Thank you. (:

And it has to be ukulele chords, thank you! (:

A. There are only 3 chords that I can hear with a quick listen. The intro goes (Asus4 - A - E - A)

The pattern behind the vocals is simply (A - Asus4 - A - E ) in a repeating pattern.

BTW, for future reference, chords are chords. If you can't find the ukulele chords for a song, you can look for guitar or piano chords. Obviously the *fingering* will be different, but the letter names are the same. You can look up the uke fingerings once you know the chord names. When you see the tab or numbers, that's a way of describing where to put your fingers. Sometimes that is easier to understand than giving an odd chord name. For instance, if I say that you need to play Asus4, I'll bet you need to look that up. If I say 2200, you know exactly where to put your fingers and don't really need to be concerned with the chord name...or if it's actually a chord at all.

Original Question

What is an A2 chord, and what is an Asus?
Q. I am going to be the relief pianist for our church worship team. I am learning the songs from sheets that are notated with guitar chords. I can read sheet music, but have been away from piano playing for a long time and some of the chords seem confusing. So I need a description of what, on a keyboard (NOT a guitar!) an A2 chord is and what an Asus is?

A. A2 = A E B C# G

Asus2 = A B E

Asus4 = A D E

I hope they can help you some how

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What does add4 mean in a chord on piano?
Description : Q. What is a A(add4) chord. I tryed searching it but i cnat find it. please help =) A. actually it means a suspended4th which is a very co...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger