• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord a7sus » Is A7sus/F a piano chord?

Is A7sus/F a piano chord?

Q. I was looking through lead sheet music the other day and oneof the chords was A7sus/F. Does anyone know if that is an actual chord or what it is?

Thanks!

A. It would be a A7sus, with an F for bass. Yeah, it's a chord. The notes in it would be F A D E G, in that order.
Have fun.

Original Question

How do you play a Gmaj7(#5) chord on the piano?
Q. What notes, in order from lowest to highest (which you probably knew), does a Gmaj7(#5) chord consist of? It is supposedly a very complex and dissonant chord, as I have not been able to find a piano chord chart for it. Please do not choose the best answer for me; allow me to decide for myself which answer I find most helpful. Explain it the way I would explain how to play an Fmaj9 chord: F, A, C, E, G. Thank you very little.
I would also like to know how to play the following chords:
Eb7(#5)
E7(#5)
A7sus
Ab7(b5)
Bm7(b5)
Am (maj7)
F#7sus

If you can tell me how to play any of those chords, please do because I would be forever in your debt. PLEASE do not say anything like, "It's simple. All you have to do is play the third from..." If you can, simply tell me plainly and clearly the notes for any chords that you know. Thank you very little.
The problem was, I was confused about the parentheses. I wondered if it denoted anything different about the chords. Thank you anyway.

A. Gmaj7(#5): G B D# F#
Eb7(#5): Eb G B Db
E7(#5): E G# B# D
A7sus: A (C#) D E G - in brackets optional
Ab7(b5): Ab C Ebb Gb
Bm7(b5): B D F A
Am(maj7): A C E G#
F#7sus: F# (A#) B C# E - again optional

You see I labelled the thirds in sus chords as optional? That's because there are two different opinions whether to include them or not. And also, if it's a chord with a perfect 5th, you can always leave it out if you wish because it is not an important interval (in our case both sus chords and the minor-major chord).

P.S.: It is about time that you learn your theory because your lack of knowledge is slowing you down apparently. Just a well meant advice.

Original Question

What notes are in an A7sus chord?
Q. I would like to know how to play this chord on the piano.

A. A7sus Chord; deviates from a A7 by switching the 3 with a 4.
So instead of A C E G, you get: A D E G

Further explanation:
To create a simple Major Triad you take the 1-3-5 of a scale to make a chord.
In this case: A-C-E

The 7 indicates you flat the 7th degree of the major scale, and the sus or suspended is achieved by replacing the 3 with a 4...

Hope this is useful.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Is A7sus/F a piano chord?
Description : Q. I was looking through lead sheet music the other day and oneof the chords was A7sus/F. Does anyone know if that is an actual chord or wh...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger