• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » online piano chord player » How can I teach myself how to play the piano and write songs professionally?

How can I teach myself how to play the piano and write songs professionally?

Q. I am a teenage boy and I was wondering how I would go about teaching myself the piano and how hard it would be. I have had piano lessons for 2 year in the past when I was about 9 years old, and until recently I have been working on pianos in school for small projects so I know the basics pretty well, however I want to be able to play Professionally so that piano comes naturally to me like a real musician,, instead of learning little easy songs online and taking ages to figure out each chord etc. I'm not necessarily interested in Classical piano playing, but I would like to be able to play the piano well so I can write modern songs more easily and to a high standard.
Is this achievable without the help of a tutor? How long would it take for me to become of a decent standard and how much time would I have to put into it. I know it's not just going to happen overnight, but if I put for example an hour or more per day of learning the piano, how long would it take for me to become naturally able to play well? Would it take several months? Maybe Years?
To make this clear, I do not want to be a massively perfect classical grand pianist virtuoso, but I want to have the ability to write my own songs easily and at a high quality instead of struggling to play the right notes and turning my song ideas into pathetic little melodies, simply because I currently lack the skill to play my song ideas exactly as they are in my head.
How would I go about learning? How long would it take?

A. A friend of mine is a phenomenal song writer and he can't read a note. He sings his songs into a recorder and hires someone to transcribe them.

As far as learning, depends on you. There are people out there who can't read but are great players and those who can read and can't play. I guess it is all in your DNA.

If you are not willing to pay for lessons and learn properly, hang out with pianists and ask them questions. Experiment a lot. The learning process will never end.

Original Question

How long does it take to learn bass guitar?
Q. And which is a good starting bass guitar?

I play piano. Started getting acoustic guitar lessons and realized quickly I'm more attracted to the bass guitar sound.

Thanks!

A. Their are good site online. If you google FREE BASS LESSONS, you can choice among many good ones.

Secondly, Bass guitar is easier than guitar in the sense that you don't need to learn chords. But their are different techniques to learn such as slapping and other guitar techniques which are often used nowadays by many bass players.

I can say that you can play well after 6 months. You should be able to hold a rhythm and have good timing.

Original Question

Can i learn to play the piano by using a keyboard?
Q. I am thinking of playing the piano because it runs in my family, and I cannot afford a piano right now. I have 200 dollars so I am going to probably buy a 61 Key Keyboard. I am willing to teach myself and for about 1-2 hours, and Im used to stretching my fingers with playing the guitar alot. Basically, how can i learn with a 61 keyboard? And are there any books or games or lessons online or to buy at a store that you reccommend?

A. Of course-I actually started playing the keyboard before playing piano.

But I should warn you there are 2 different styles-1 is called keyboard-accompaniment, where your left hand plays chords which control the background music played by the keyboard, and your right hand plays the melody.

But of course normal pianos don't do this!

The other style is where you play melodies with both hands, which is the same as a normal piano.

I started playing keyboard-accompaniment before I learned piano, using The Complete Keyboard Player series, but if you only want to aim for piano then you should learn to play melodies with both hands. I took me a while to adjust to piano because of my keyboard style, but I did enjoy playing both styles.

You should also be aware of the fact that keyboard keys are a lot lighter than piano keys, and you should play with something called "touch response", which means the harder you hit a key, the louder it is. Don't keep this turned off as you will find it difficult to adjust to piano when you come to it.

If you go to any music store you will find lots of books that can teach you.
Read through them and only buy ones you feel you will understand, i.e. easy ones. to begin with.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How can I teach myself how to play the piano and write songs professionally?
Description : Q. I am a teenage boy and I was wondering how I would go about teaching myself the piano and how hard it would be. I have had piano lessons...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger