• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord download » How do you use piano chords to play a song?

How do you use piano chords to play a song?

Q. Okay, so I wanted to play this song, and when I downloaded the "sheet music" for the song, it turned out to be chords.

The introduction went: Bsus4 F#sus4 G#m F#

I can read sheet music, but I don't know how to make the chords into actual notes. How are you supposed to put it into melody, and how do you know which notes are right hand, and which are left?

And, a bigger problem. The first chord says Bsus4 which is B, E, and F#.
But, when I look at the tutorial for the song I want to play, the first notes are, B F# B.

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me how to make these piano chords into a song?

A. Sounds like you found a lead sheet?

A lead sheet usually has the right hand melody line and then left hand chords on the top of the melody.

To read this, you have to find out exactly which individual notes are included in the chord scale. Basically you have to find out the key signature of each of the chords.

For your "bigger problem" ...its still the same chord only an inversion of it.

This is sorta complicated to explain right now because this sounds a little advanced for you right now. Try looking up the sheet music and/or a tutorial for the same song again only looking for the actual notes instead of chords. If you want to learn how to read chords and lead sheets, your gunna hafta study chords a lot more instead of just sheet music.

Original Question

What is a free place to get Church Music Lead Sheets?
Q. Im trying to learn to play piano by chords, but I still need the melody. Any places to find church music to practice on?

A. most church music is protected by the copyright laws
so they would be illegal to download for free
It would have to in the Public Domain, for it to be free and legal.

Original Question

Where can I listen to piano chords on the computer?
Q. For example, the computer plays a chord, and then I try to name all the notes in the chord. Is there a software/online program that's like this?

A. http://www.mhhe.com/et7

On this site, you can see ear training exercises and download the mp3's so that you can practice with them. Some of the earlier exercises may not be what you are looking for, but scroll through and you should find some with chords. Even if the exercise isn't meant specifically for you to name each note of the chord, there are several which play chords for you. And the chords are written out in the PDF's (that you can download) so you can check your answers.

Hope this helps you!!! :)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do you use piano chords to play a song?
Description : Q. Okay, so I wanted to play this song, and when I downloaded the "sheet music" for the song, it turned out to be chords. The int...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Can someone tell me the piano chords for don't let me be lonely?
    Q. Hello, I attended a summer camp for adult visually impaired campers and really liked it, so I want to go back next year. They usually ha...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger