• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord machine » How do i write guitar notes onto sheet music but with the notes, not the chord boxes?

How do i write guitar notes onto sheet music but with the notes, not the chord boxes?

Q. How do i write guitar notes onto sheet music but with the notes, not the chord boxes?
like you would do on a piano but on guitar instead? I know all the notes on the frets eg C#, F but how do i write it onto sheet music cos i don't know whats middle C on guitar. Also can i convert it onto piano if i've written it on sheet music?

A. Machine Head's factual information is quite correct. The C on a guitar which is played on the 5th string at the 3rd fret is written as middle C, even though pitch-wise it is an octave below middle C.

However, his opinion on the utility of writing guitar music this way is way off. In fact, writing it this way serves to orient the guitar's range very nicely on the treble clef. In particular, classical or finger picking music works out nicely in that you've got the bass notes, normally plucked with the thumb, down at the bottom of the staff, and the melody, on the upper three strings, plucked with the first three fingers (non-thumbs), on the top of the staff, and the whole thing fits nicely on one staff. If you wrote it out in true pitch, you'd have to use two staffs, as with piano music, which would be vastly more cumbersome (on piano it at least makes sense to use two staves because you're using two hands to play two separate parts).

Yes, you have to use a lot of ledger lines if you move way up the neck and play the really high notes. But guess what, that's what you have to do on a violin, too. Big deal. Look at the violin part to the "Kreutzer" sonata, you've got ledger lines up to the stratosphere, but nobody complains that violin should be written differently.

Original Question

What are the piano notes to Florence + The Machine's "What the Water Gave Me"?
Q. I'm truly in love with the song, and would like to know if anybody knows the notes to the song. I suck at reading music right now, but would like to try to play it.

A. Hi, sorry I don't know all the piano notes but the guitar tabs, basically piano chords should be almost right- just play the chords e.g. Em means e minor chord :)
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/f/florence_and_the_machine/what_the_water_gave_me_ver3_crd.htm

Original Question

Are there any stretching exercises for hands?
Q. I play the piano and I'm doing grade 7. In my exam I have to play double octaves, and it's getting hard to find songs that don't have lots of large chords in them at this level. My hands are small and I have trouble hitting octaves. Does anyone know of any exercises that can stretch my hands out so I can reach octaves easier?

A. i find i can stretch my hands only after i do my shoulder flexibility training. I think our nervous system all connects, so if you're inflexible or tight in one area, you'll be inflexible and tight in another. So first work on your shoulders until you feel the muscles in the hands. Flex all the muscles without any weights, and work them out-- subcapularus, supraspinatus, infraspinatus, tres minor, tres major, trapezius, latisimus dorsi, romboid, deltoid. You know you've worked out your shoulders, back, biceps, and triceps enough when you feel the muscles elongate. It's a really funny feeling, but it's feels almost as if you're arms are getting longer. Once those muscles have been stretched, then work on your pinky and your thumb. All your muscles have a pulling action, so if you make a fist, it's the muscles on the inside that are pulling your hand together to a closed position. When you open them it is the muscles on the back of the hand that are pulling them open. Knowing this, you can find some strengthening and flexing exercises for those weak fingers like the pinky, which will also help give the hand more support. You'll notice the shoulder, back, and forearm exercises along with the hand exercises will not only allow greater flexibility in the hands, but also greater coordination and control in your piano. after i first stretched out my upper body and played the piano, i felt like a precise robotic machine. It was incredible. Good luck !

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do i write guitar notes onto sheet music but with the notes, not the chord boxes?
Description : Q. How do i write guitar notes onto sheet music but with the notes, not the chord boxes? like you would do on a piano but on guitar instead...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger